Overtoun Jenda, born in an urban area of the northern part of Malawi, is an American mathematician and recipient of a 2020 Presidential Award for Excellence in Science, Mathematics, and Engineering Mentoring. He is a Professor of Mathematics and Assistant Provost for Special Projects and Initiatives at Auburn University. In 2011, Jenda founded the Southern Africa Mathematical Sciences Association Masuma project for research collaboration.
Jenda earned a Bachelor's of Science with Distinction in Mathematics from the University of Malawi. He received a PhD from the University of Kentucky in 1981. His PhD advisor was Edgar Earle Enochs and the title of his dissertation was On Injective Resolvents.
- "Dr. Overtoun Jenda". www.auburn.edu. Retrieved 2021-02-24.
- "Overtoun Jenda". Presidential Awards for Excellence in Science, Mathematics and Engineering Mentoring. Retrieved 24 February 2021.
- Abebe, Ash; Lenhart, Suzanne; McCullough, Brittany (February 2021). "Overtoun Jenda: A STEMMentor Extraordinaire" (PDF). Notices of the American Mathematical Society. 68 (2): 258–261. doi:10.1090/noti2214.
- "Growing a Generation of Mathematicians in Africa". Retrieved 7 August 2018.
- "Overtoun Malandula G. Jenda". The Mathematics Genealogy Project. Retrieved 24 February 2021.