Overpressure is a pressure difference, relative to a normal pressure, in various circumstances:
- In engineering, the pressure difference over the wall thickness of a pressure vessel
- In geology, geologic overpressure, the primary cause of oil gushers
- In autoclave terminology, process pressure above standard given on a pressure/temperature table
- Overpressure or blast overpressure, the pressure caused by a shock wave over and above normal atmospheric pressure
- Overpressure ammunition, small arms ammunition loaded with a powder charge to produce a greater internal pressure than is standard
- Overpressure (CBRN protection), a method to create a safe toxin free area against airborne contaminants
| This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Overpressure.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.