|Purpose||Providing a diverse selection of films by, for and about the LGBT community|
|Headquarters||Jim Farmer, 456 Kensington Parc Drive, Avondale Estates, GA 30062 404-296-3807|
|Atlanta, GA, plus regional, national and international|
|Website||Out on Film|
Out on Film, Atlanta, Georgia's gay film festival, was established in 1987 and is one of the oldest gay film festivals in the United States devoted to the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender community. The festival is now held in Midtown Atlanta in October to coincide with LGBT History Month and Atlanta Pride. Additional screenings and events are held throughout the year.
Out on Film programming is based on invitations to film makers to submit films for consideration. Annual submissions by, about, or of interest to the LGBT community are accepted for consideration, including dramas, comedies, foreign films, and shorts. In 2009 two films premiered at the festival, Rivers Wash Over Me and A Cross Burning at Willacoochee. In 2010, among the more than 50 films, the festival hosted the world premieres of Quentin Crisp: Final Encore, and Fishnet. In 2011 3 films had their premier.
The non-profit festival relies solely on individual ticket sales and the support of local, regional and national sponsors.
Festival Dates Shown Below
|2011||Sept 29 - October 6|
- List of film festivals in North and Central America
- Atlanta Pride
- List of lesbian, gay, bisexual or transgender-related films
- Midtown Atlanta
- atlanta pride[dead link]
- Atlanta, Project Q (2009-05-30). "'Fagbug' drives into Atlanta for Out on Film — Project Q Atlanta". Projectqatlanta.com. Retrieved 2013-11-02.
- https://web.archive.org/web/20120224155016/http://www.emorywheel.com/detail-pf.php?n=27433. Archived from the original on February 24, 2012. Retrieved 2013-11-02. Missing or empty
- https://web.archive.org/web/20110303045706/http://www.gbmnews.com/articles/4462/1/OUT-on-Film-Wraps-up-Its-Annual-Celebration-in-Atlantas-Midtown-District/Page1.html. Archived from the original on March 3, 2011. Retrieved 2013-11-02. Missing or empty
- Richard Eldredge (2009-10-04). "A sell-out crowd for Atlanta premiere of 'Rivers Wash Over Me' | Celebrity birthdays". Blogs.ajc.com. Retrieved 2013-11-02.
- https://web.archive.org/web/20120302150140/http://www.acrossburning.com/news.html. Archived from the original on March 2, 2012. Retrieved 2013-11-02. Missing or empty
- Atlanta, Project Q (2010-08-24). "Out On Film adds world premieres to lineup — Project Q Atlanta". Projectqatlanta.com. Retrieved 2013-11-02.