Ouricuri is a city in the state of Pernambuco, Brazil. It is located in the mesoregion of Sertão Pernambucano. Ouricuri has a total area of 2,423 square kilometers and had an estimated population of 66,978 inhabitants  in 2009 according to the IBGE.
- State - Pernambuco
- Region - Sertão Pernambucano
- Boundaries - Araripina, Trindade and Ipubi (N), Santa Cruz and Santa Filomena (S), Parnamirim and Bodocó (E), Piaui state (W)
- Area - 2,423 km2
- Elevation - 451 m
- Hydrography - Brigida River
- Vegetation - Caatinga hiperxerofila.
- Climate - Semi-arid (Sertao) hot and dry
- Annual average temperature - 25.5 c
- Main road - BR 232 and BR 316
- Distance to Recife - 621 km
The main economic activities in Ouricuri are based in extraction of gypsum and no metallic minerals, and primary sector especially creation of goats, donkeys, pigs and farms with beans, manioc and corn. Ouricuri is located in the micro region of Araripina which contains 95% of the Brazilian reserves of Gypsum.
|Population||GDP x(1000 R$).||GDP pc (R$)||PE|
Economy by Sector 2006
|Primary sector||Secondary sector||Service sector|
|HDI (2000)||Hospitals (2007)||Hospitals beds (2007)||Children's Mortality every 1000 (2005)|
The institutions that is responsible for public healthcare in Ouricuri and region of the Araripe are; Municipal Health Secretary of Ouricuri (SMSO), Intermunicipal Health Consortium of Pernambuco (CIAPE)
|This Pernambuco, Brazil location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|