|Orders Are Orders|
|Directed by||David Paltenghi|
|Produced by||Donald Taylor|
|Written by||Geoffrey Orme|
Eric Sykes (additional dialogue)
|Based on||Orders Are Orders by Anthony Armstrong and Ian Hay|
|Music by||Stanley Black|
|Edited by||Joseph Sterling|
|Distributed by||British Lion Film Corporation (UK)|
Distributors Corporation of America (US)
|Box office||£84,148 (UK)|
Orders Are Orders is a 1955 British comedy film directed by David Paltenghi, and featuring Brian Reece, Peter Sellers, Sid James, Tony Hancock, Raymond Huntley, and Bill Fraser. Eric Sykes contributed to the script and appears in a minor role. It was a remake of the film Orders Is Orders (1933), itself based on the play Orders Are Orders by Ian Hay and Anthony Armstrong.
A film production company decides to make a new space adventure film close to an army barracks, using the soldiers as extras. This does not go down well with the commanding officer, who attempts to make life as difficult as possible for the film crew.
- Brian Reece — Captain Harper
- Margot Grahame — Wanda Sinclair
- Raymond Huntley — Colonel Bellamy
- Sid James — Ed Waggermeyer
- Tony Hancock — Lt Wilfred Cartroad, the bandmaster
- Peter Sellers — Private Goffin
- Clive Morton — General Sir Cuthbert Grahame-Foxe
- June Thorburn — Veronica Bellamy
- Maureen Swanson — Joanne Delamere
- Peter Martyn — Lieutenant Broke
- Bill Fraser — Private Slee
- Edward Lexy — Captain Ledger
- Barry MacKay — RSM Benson
- Donald Pleasence — Corporal Martin
- Eric Sykes — Private Waterhouse
- Leonard Williams — Corporal Smithers
- TV Guide wrote, "except for a couple of decent comic performances, the good cast, including both Peter Sellers and Donald Pleasence in early roles, are wasted by the film's haphazard construction."
- Time Out wrote, "just about worth suffering to see Tony Hancock in his film debut as the harassed bandmaster."
- Vincent Porter, 'The Robert Clark Account', Historical Journal of Film, Radio and Television, Vol 20 No 4, 2000 p506
- "Orders Are Orders | BFI | BFI". Explore.bfi.org.uk. Archived from the original on 13 July 2012. Retrieved 8 April 2014.
- Orders Are Orders on IMDb
- "Comedy Classics - Orders are Orders [DVD]: Amazon.co.uk: Peter Sellers, Sid James, Tony Hancock, David Paltenghi: DVD & Blu-ray". Amazon.co.uk. Retrieved 8 April 2014.
- "Orders Are Orders Trailer, Reviews and Schedule for Orders Are Orders |". TV Guide. Retrieved 8 April 2014.
- "Orders Are Orders | review, synopsis, book tickets, showtimes, movie release date |". Time Out London. Retrieved 8 April 2014.
|This article related to a British comedy film of the 1950s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|