|Order of Military Merit|
Grand officer insignia
|Awarded by Brazilian Army|
|Eligibility||Members of the Brazilian Army or foreign armies|
|Awarded for||Distinguished service to Brazil|
|Established||11 June 1943|
Ribbon bar of the order
The Order of Military Merit (Portuguese: Ordem do Mérito Militar) is an award of the Brazilian Army, established on 11 June 1943 by President Getúlio Vargas. The order is presented in five grades and recognizes distinguished service and exceptional contributions to Brazil by members the Brazilian Army and the armies of friendly nations.
The grades, in descending order, are:
- Edward Almond, American
- Henry H. Arnold, American
- Kaúlza de Arriaga, Portuguese, Grand Officer 
- Amaro Soares Bittencourt, Brazilian
- Waldemar Levy Cardoso, Brazilian
- Carlos Alberto dos Santos Cruz, Brazilian
- Dwight D. Eisenhower, American, Grand Cross (August 5, 1946)
- Paul L. Freeman, Jr., American
- Leonard T. Gerow, American
- William C. Gribble, Jr., American
- Elvin R. Heiberg III, American
- Jonas H. Ingram, American
- Allan Ker VC, Scot
- Thomas B. Larkin, American
- Lyman Lemnitzer, American
- Luiz Inácio Lula da Silva, Brazilian
- Joseph T. McNarney, American
- Raymond T. Odierno, American, Grand Officer
- James Garesche Ord, American, Grand Officer
- General Raheel Sharif, Pakistani, COAS Army 
- Lemuel C. Shepherd, Jr., American Grand Officer (1959)
- Walter Bedell Smith, American, Grand Cross (September 6, 1947)
- Gordon R. Sullivan, American
- Richard Horner Thompson, American
- Tércio Pacitti, Brazilian
- Togo D. West, Jr., American
- Frederick L. Wieseman, American
- Jair Bolsonaro, Brazilian
- Lieutenant-General Paul Wynnyk, Canadian Grand Officer (July 28, 2018), 
- Robertson, Megan C. (5 July 2007). "The Federative Republic of Brazil: Order of Military Merit". Medals of the World. Retrieved 2012-12-06.
- "Biografia General Kaúlza de Arriaga". Academia da Força Aérea. Retrieved 6 December 2012.
Grande Oficial da Ordem de Mérito Militar (Brasil)
- "USA and Foreign Decorations of Dwight D Eisenhower". Dwight D Eisenhower Presidential Library and Museum. National Archives and Records Administration (United States Government). Archived from the original on 18 November 2016. Retrieved 6 December 2012.
Brazil: Order of Military Merit, Grand Cross (June 19, 1946)
- George Washington Cullum, Edward Singleton Holden, Biographical Register of the Officers and Graduates of the U.S. Military Academy, Volume 9, 1950, page 133
- Patterson, Michael Robert (27 June 2003). "Lemuel Cornick Shepherd, Jr., General, United States Marine Corps". Arlington National Cemetery Website. Retrieved 6 December 2012.
Brazilian Order of Military Merit, Degree of Grand Officer, 1959
- "In Memoriam. General Walter Bedell Smith. 5 October 1895 – 9 August 1961". Studies Archive Index, Volume 5, Issue 4. Central Intelligence Agency, Center for the Study of Intelligence (United States Government). 1 July 2008. Retrieved 6 December 2012.
•Brazil: Order of Military Merit, degree of Grand Officer
- "Meritorious Service Decorations List". The Governor General of Canada.