|Order of Aeronautical Merit|
|Awarded by Brazilian Air Force|
|Awarded for||Distinguished service and exceptional contributions to the Brazilian Air Force.|
|Established||1 November 1943|
The Order of Aeronautical Merit (Portuguese: Ordem do Mérito Aeronáutico) is an award of the Brazilian Air Force, established on 1 November 1943 by President Getúlio Vargas. The order is presented in five grades and recognizes distinguished service and exceptional contributions to the Brazilian Air Force.
The order is awarded in the following grades:
- Grand Cross (Grã-Cruz)
- Grand Officer (Grande Oficial)
- Commander (Comendador)
- Officer (Oficial)
- Knight (Cavaleiro)
- Stéphane Abrial, French
- Henri Sauvan, French
- Ira C. Eaker, American
- Dwight D. Eisenhower, American, Grand Cross (August 5, 1946)
- Leonard T. Gerow, American
- Bruce K. Holloway, American
- Jonas H. Ingram, American
- Jacques Paul Klein, American
- Curtis LeMay, American
- Luiz Inácio Lula da Silva, Brazilian
- Donald A. Quarles, American
- John Dale Ryan, American
- Michael E. Ryan, American
- Robertson, Megan C. (14 July 2007). "The Federative Republic of Brazil: Order of Aeronautical Merit". Medals of the World. Retrieved 2011-09-20.
- "DECRETO No 3.446, DE 4 DE MAIO DE 2000. Aprova o Regulamento da Ordem do Mérito Aeronáutico e dá outras providências". Palácio do Planalto (in Portuguese). Presidência da República Casa Civil Subchefia para Assuntos Jurídicos. Retrieved 17 January 2015.
- "USA and Foreign Decorations of Dwight D Eisenhower". Dwight D Eisenhower Presidential Library and Museum. National Archives and Records Administration (United States Government). Archived from the original on 18 November 2016. Retrieved 6 December 2012.
Brazil: Order of Aeronautical Merit, Grand Cross (August 5, 1946)