Monumental post office in Groenlo
Location in Gelderland
|• Body||Municipal council|
|• Mayor||Annette Bronsvoort (PvdA)|
|• Total||110.12 km2 (42.52 sq mi)|
|• Land||109.67 km2 (42.34 sq mi)|
|• Water||0.45 km2 (0.17 sq mi)|
|Elevation||21 m (69 ft)|
|• Density||270/km2 (700/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+1 (CET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+2 (CEST)|
Oost Gelre is a municipality in the Achterhoek, in the eastern Netherlands. On 1 January 2005, the municipalities Groenlo and Lichtenvoorde merged and formed the new municipality Oost Gelre, which was called Groenlo until 19 May 2006.
Dutch Topographic map of the municipality of Oost Gelre, June 2015
- Willem Maurits Bruyninck (1689 in Lichtenvoorde - ??) the 25th Governor of Ceylon
- Marco Blaauw (born 1965 in Lichtenvoorde) a Dutch trumpeter
- Tom Holkenborg (born 1967 in Lichtenvoorde) aka Junkie XL is a Dutch composer, multi-instrumentalist, DJ, producer and engineer 
- Sander Boschker (born 1970 in Lichtenvoorde) a Dutch former footballing goalkeeper with 555 club caps
- Menno Veldhuis (born 1974 in Groenlo) a Dutch artist.
- Loes Gunnewijk (born 1980 in Groenlo) a former professional Dutch racing cyclist, competed at the 2012 Summer Olympics
- Tjitske Siderius (born 1981 in Groenlo) a Dutch politician
- Thomas Puskailer (born 1981 in Lichtenvoorde) a Dutch-born Slovak singer and songwriter
- "Samenstelling college van B&W" [Members of the board of mayor and aldermen] (in Dutch). Gemeente Oost Gelre. Retrieved 14 July 2014.
- "Kerncijfers wijken en buurten" [Key figures for neighbourhoods]. CBS Statline (in Dutch). CBS. 2 July 2013. Retrieved 12 March 2014.
- "Postcodetool for 7131CM". Actueel Hoogtebestand Nederland (in Dutch). Het Waterschapshuis. Retrieved 14 July 2014.
- "Bevolkingsontwikkeling; regio per maand" [Population growth; regions per month]. CBS Statline (in Dutch). CBS. 27 October 2017. Retrieved 27 October 2017.
- IMDb Database retrieved 23 September 2019
|This Gelderland location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|