|Omaha Northwest High Magnet School|
8204 Crown Point Avenue
|Type||Public high school|
|Established||1971 as Omaha Northwest High School|
|School district||Omaha Public Schools|
|Teaching staff||97.85 (FTE)|
|Student to teacher ratio||17.72|
Scarlet, navy, and gold
Omaha Northwest High Magnet School at 8204 Crown Point Avenue in northwest Omaha, Nebraska, United States, is located on a 61-acre (250,000 m2) campus. Completed in 1971, it is the newest of the seven high schools in the Omaha Public Schools district. Further renovations were completed in 2004, adding several classrooms and improving the choral and band facilities.
Special features within the building include an auditorium center, a 2,200 seat gymnasium with two balcony areas for physical education instruction and interscholastic athletics, and the latest equipment for students in specialized areas such as computer technology, art, business, mathematics, industrial technology and science. However, while the school has swim teams, the building has no pool.
The current principal of Omaha Northwest High Magnet is Thomas Lee.
Alice Buffett Outstanding Teacher Award alumni
- Alfred DiMauro - 1991 - English
- Jacqueline Johnson - 1997 - Music
- Kris Halbersleben - 2000 - English
- Kim Kromberg - 2003 - Business (first Business teacher to ever win the award)
- William Lovgren - 2011 - Music
- Mark Seaberg - 2012 - English
- Rachael Arens - 2018 - Science
- Tyrie Ballard, cast member on The Real World: Denver
- Damon Benning, former Nebraska Cornhuskers running back (Class of 1992)
- John Carroll, member of Survivor: Marquesas
- Ron Kellogg, former NBA player and former Kansas Jayhawks basketball star
- Zach Kroenke, current MLB player (Arizona Diamondbacks and Washington Nationals)
- Kevyn Morrow, actor
- Gregg Olson, former Major League Baseball American League Rookie of the Year in 1989
- Shane Powers, contestant on Survivor: Panama
- Lee TerryUnited States House of Representatives congressman
- Harold Waddell, 2006, 2007, 2008 and 2009 NAHA Pro Hillclimb National Champion (Class of 2000)
- Timothy Prince and Thomas Prince former [college basketball players Iowa and Southeast Juco] class of 1984
- Patrick Peirce former:(college baseball player : [Indian Hills CC] class 0f 1982 Comedian-writer
- "OMAHA NORTHWEST HIGH MAGNET SCHOOL". National Center for Education Statistics. Retrieved October 5, 2020.