This biographical article needs more biographical information on the subject.December 2010)(
In Barbados, she worked for the Barbados Rediffusion Services Limited (now Starcom Network) and was active in community work. In the 1940s and 1950s she was known as "the Vera Lynn of the Caribbean". In 2005, she was made a 2005 Dame of St. Andrew.
On 9 December 2010, she fell at her home and broke her hip, suffering multiple fractures, leaving her unable to continue her charity work for the Needy Children's Fund.
- Barbados Nation Online: "Dame Olga Lopes-Seale is dead"
- "'Auntie Olga' still going strong in Barbados", Guyana Chronicle, 12 March 2001.
- Staff (4 February 2011). "Dame Olga Lopes-Seale". Caribbean News Agency (CANA). Retrieved 7 February 2011.
- Olga Lopes-Seale: Our Energetic Humanitarian
- Auntie Olga in QEH with broken hip
- Article on Lopes-Seales in Stabroek News
- Olga Lopes Seale Collection from the University of the West Indies, Cave Hill, Saint Michael, Barbados
|This Guyanese biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Barbadian biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|