From 1992-2002 it included all of Lake County and Ashtabula County together with a collection of eastern suburbs of Cleveland. After 2002 it was replaced by the 14th district. Parts of its old territory were redistricted into the 10th, 11th, and 13th districts.
List of members representing the district
The following chart shows historic election results. Bold type indicates victor. Italic type indicates incumbent.
- Almanac of American Politics 2002, p1237
- "Our Campaigns - OH District 19 - Nov 03, 1964".
- Following the death of Kirwan in office in 1970, Carney was elected in a special election to fill out Kirwan's term.
- Redistricting following the 1980 census moved Williams from the 19th district to the 17th district.
- Martis, Kenneth C. (1989). The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress. New York: Macmillan Publishing Company.
- Martis, Kenneth C. (1982). The Historical Atlas of United States Congressional Districts. New York: Macmillan Publishing Company.
- Congressional Biographical Directory of the United States 1774–present
- "Ohio's 19th congressional district". OurCampaigns.com.