Vianinha was born in São Paulo. He started in theater as an actor, in 1955, with the Teatro Paulista do Estudante (São Paulo Students Theatre) group. Polemical and combative, Vianinha was part of Teatro de Arena and debuted as an author in 1959, with Chapetuba Futebol Clube.
His plays A Mão na luva, Allegro desbum, and Rasga coração were repeatedly staged in Brazil. The most critically successful was the last one, Rasga coração, which he ended just a few days before dying of lung cancer. He died in Rio de Janeiro, aged 38.
- Damasceno, Leslie Hawkins. Cultural space and theatrical conventions in the works of Oduvaldo Vianna Filho. Wayne State University Press, 1996.
- Mariangela Alves de Lima - Especial para O Estado de S. Paulo
- Brief biography
- RAMOS, Alcides Freire. Vianinha e o Cinema Novo (PDF)
- Brief biography with some synopses
- A Teledramaturgia de Oduvaldo Vianna Filho: da Tragédia ao Humor - A Utopia da Politização do Cotidiano
|This article about a Brazilian writer or poet is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|