The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guideline for biographies. (August 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
December 11, 1965
|Alma mater||Potchefstroom Gimnasium, Potchefstroom University for Christian Higher Education|
|Known for||Missionary work, Film Director|
Ockert Potgieter (born on 11 December 1965) is a South African missionary in the Ukraine and a film director. His name in Russian is Окерт Потхитер.
Potgieter completed his school years on Potchefstroom Gimnasium.He studied further in Law at the Potchefstroom University for Christian Higher Education and after finishing his undergraduate studies he did a PhD in Law. He was awarded the honor of being the best Law student in South Africa, He finished a diploma in Social Law at “Rijkuniversisteit” Gent, Belgium in conjunction with Stellenbosch University.
After Potgieter guided a student group through the Ukraine, he and his wife decided to establish a church in Reni, Ukraine. Reni is a town in the Odessa Oblast Province. It is a South West Ukrainian town close to the Romania border next to the Danube River. He and his wife Michelle established a church called the “Light of the World” (Світло св��ту) in 1990. They have been running community uplifting programmes since then. They focussed on the part of Reni that is poor and have unmaintained infrastructure. In the area they worked, most houses did not have electricity, or a toilet in the house. Most houses toilets were outside. Proper water access was limited, and electricity were only available 6 hours a day. Potgieter started a campaign called “I Love Reni”. It is a project that maintain and repair infrastructure, clean the city, provided water, upgrade roads and do paint work. Voluntary socials workers from the UK are helping once a year. For these project he has partnered up with Jubilee Church Maidstone, UK and the Mayor of Reni, Igor Plegov. A kindergarten school was established as well as a programme to enriched children's life by exposing them to different countries and culture. The Potgieters have been attacked in the past by armed men but survived it. They still work there today. (2018) 
Potgieter was the director and writer of the Movie (Russian) “Хватит - новый русский фильм” (translated it means “Enough”) a Russian film released in 2013. It is a film made by New Day Films. The slogan is: In every life there comes a time to let go” The film is a story of hate, war and betrayal, with love the only way to overcome it. It takes places in Russia in 1917. Two children escaped the war and had to survive on their own. Years later one of the survivors retraced his steps to find peace. It was film in the Ukraine.
- de Bruyn,P.P. "(Afrikaans)Potchefstroom Gimnasium 1907-1982" (PDF). Retrieved 5 July 2018.
- "Die reg op arbeid : 'n regsvergelykende perspektief (Translated : the right to work : view out of a law point)". Potchefstroom University. 1992. Retrieved 5 July 2018.
- "(Dutch) -De bescherming van de rechten van werknemers in Zuid-Afrika en België (translated: Workers rights protection in South Africa and Belgium)". Universiteit Bibliotheek Gent. 1990. Retrieved 5 July 2018.
- Salzwedel,L. (2011). "Book:(Afrikaans) Seerowers, Kammelkoppe en Chillies vir tee; fassinerende stories van Suid Afrikaners in die buiteland ISBN Number:9780799356717 (Translated: Pirates, Camel Heads and Chilies for tea; fascinating stories about South Africans overseas)". Lapa.
- "Hope where there seems to be none". Novidien. 2017. Retrieved 5 July 2018.
- van der Merwe,J. (9 April 2014). "(Afrikaans)SA gesin het roeping in Oekraine (Translated= SA family has calling in the Ukraine)". Netwerk24. Retrieved 5 July 2018.
- "One church many locations". Discover Life Magazine. December 2010. Retrieved 5 July 2018.
- "(Russian) Людям нужна любовь (Translated:Love is needed)". Часпик Magazine No43(89). 24 October 2002.
- "(Afrikaans) Vader vir die vaderlose (translated: Father for the ones that do not have a father". Juig. September 2013. Retrieved 5 July 2018.
- "(Russian) Волонтёры из Англии приехали на встречу с социальными работниками в Рени (Translated: Volunteers from the UK met with Social workers in Reni, Ukraine)". ToПop (magazine). 7 July 2018. Retrieved 12 July 2018.
- "(Afrikaans) Woord en Daad (Translated word and Action) Volume p. 32 – 35". Reformation Movement of South Africa (REMSA). September 2007. Retrieved 10 July 2018.
- Андрей ПОТЫЛИКО (Potylyko,Andrei (10 May 2018). "(russian) Ренийский Старый пляж «обновили»(Translated: Beach road in Reni upgraded)". Retrieved 12 July 2018.
- "Masada Youth Camp Ukraine". Give Send Go. Retrieved 10 July 2018.
- Bergström, A. "(Swedish) Love Reni". Retrieved 10 July 2018.
- "(russian)обновили (translated:upgraded)". КУРЬЕР НЕПЕАИ (KH Magazine). 23 March 2018. Retrieved 12 July 2018.
- Reni News (12 July 2018). "(Russian)Церковь «Свет миру» отправила 85 детей смотреть мир (translated: "Light of the World" helped 85 children to see the world)". Oпegga Рени Magazine. Retrieved 14 July 2018.
- "Волонтёры (russian-translated: Volunteers)". РАДАР 24. 12 December 2013. Retrieved 23 July 2018.
- "Movie enough". 2 August 2013. Retrieved 5 July 2018.
- "(Russian) Хватит — новый русский фильм (2013) (Translated: Enough a new Russian film)". Retrieved 11 July 2018.
- "A good movie to watch". Retrieved 10 July 2018.
- "Ockert Potgieter".
- "Enough". Retrieved 11 July 2018.