|Oak Ridge High School|
27330 Oak Ridge School Road
|School district||Conroe Independent School District|
|Superintendent||Dr. Curtis Null|
|Color(s)||Red, White, and Blue|
Oak Ridge High School is a secondary school in unincorporated Montgomery County, Texas, near Conroe, and within the extraterritorial jurisdiction of Shenandoah. Built in 1981, Oak Ridge High School is classified as a 6A school in the Conroe Independent School District.
Oak Ridge High School housed the Conroe ISD Academy of Science and Technology, a science and technology based magnet program, from 1991 until the end of the 2007 school year when the program was transferred to The Woodlands College Park High School. Oak Ridge also supports an Air Force JROTC program.
This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (December 2018)
In 1985, The district moved 9th grade students to a separate campus adjacent to the high school. The Conroe ISD Academy of Science, previously at Oak Ridge, moved to The Woodlands College Park High School when College Park opened in 2005 since Oak Ridge High School needed more space for zoned students.
By 2015, the school's enrollment exceeded its capacity. The combined, 9-12 enrollment of the school was 3,768. To accommodate the school's population growth, the district allocated 24 portable classroom buildings for the main campus and 4 portables for the 9th grade campus. In 2018, the district estimated the school's capacity to be 3,650.
For the 2017-2018 school year, the Oak Ridge High student population had increased to 4,400. Grand Oaks High School, which opened in August 2018, reduced the size of Oak Ridge's attendance zone. Due to the opening of Grand Oaks High School, the district estimates that enrollment at Oak Ridge will drop to 2,270 by the year 2020.
In the 2017-2018 school year, there were 4,400 students enrolled at Oak Ridge High School. The ethnic distribution of students was as follows:
- 52.0% White
- 29.0% Hispanic
- 11.8% African American
- 3.6% Asian
- 0.5% American Indian
- 0.3% Pacific Islander
- 2.8% Two or more races
24.9% of students were listed as Economically Disadvantaged, and 3.3% were English Language Learners.
At the beginning of each school year, the Texas Education Agency assigns schools a grade based on three different indices: Student Achievement, School Progress, and Closing the Gaps. For each index, schools are classified as "Met Standard" if they receive a grade of at least 60 out of 100. In 2018, Oak Ridge High School received an overall score of 89 and was classified as "Met Standard." The school received scores of 90 in Student Achievement, 81 in School Progress, and 86 in Closing the Gaps. In addition, the agency also awards schools with "Distinction Designations" if they outperform schools with similar demographics. In 2018, Oak Ridge High School did not receive any of the seven possible Distinction Designations.
Feeder elementary schools to Oak Ridge High School include:
- Ford (excluding Fox Run & Spring Creek Pines)
- Oak Ridge
Feeder intermediate schools to Oak Ridge High School include:
Feeder junior high schools to Oak Ridge High School include:
- Irons Junior High School
Feeder Ninth Grade schools to Oak Ridge High School include:
- Oak Ridge High School - 9th Grade Campus
- Principal: Anthony LiVecchi
- Associate Principals:
- Jan Lewis
- Lisa Martin
- Assistant Principals:
- Danielle Smith
- Dan Barber
- Vince Cue
- Heath Manuel
ORHS - 9th Grade Campus
- Principal: Anthony LiVecchi
- Assistant Principals:
- Daniel Barber
- Alaina Adams
- "Profile: Oak Ridge H S". Texas Education Agency. Retrieved 28 December 2018.
- Home. Oak Ridge High School. Retrieved on December 9, 2018. "27330 Oak Ridge School Rd. Conroe, TX 77385" This address is outside of the Conroe city limits.
- "Zoning Map." City of Shenandoah. March 2017. Retrieved on December 9, 2018. The school buildings are within the area marked "ETJ" - meaning extraterritorial jurisdiction - Campus locations are explicitly marked with blue icons in the ordinance map, which uses light blue to indicate the City of Shenandoah ETJ
- "Oak Ridge/Grand Oaks Feeder Zone High School Attendance Zones." Conroe Independent School District. Retrieved on December 10, 2018. Imperial Oaks and "Oak Ridge N" are directly indicated on the map.
- "City Map." Oak Ridge North. Retrieved on December 10, 2018.
- Leonard, Marie. "Tamina community faces challenges as area expands: Sewer service fight continues." Community Impact Newspaper: January 18, 2016. Accessed on June 15, 2017.
- Oak Ridge High School 9th Grade Campus. Conroe Independent School District. Retrieved 29 December 2018
- Shock, Aaron (2004-03-10). "Science academy will move to new high school". Houston Chronicle. Retrieved 2018-12-10.
- Olabi, Nora (2015-09-08). "Growth brings more temporary classrooms to CISD". Houston Chronicle. Retrieved 2018-12-09.
- Iracheta, Michelle (2018-01-31). "New Grand Oaks High School on schedule for August opening". The Woodlands Villager at the Houston Chronicle. Retrieved 2018-12-10.
- Stueckemann, Jake (23 October 2018). "CISD dedicates Grand Oaks High School". The Courier of Montgomery County. Retrieved 29 December 2018.
- Loop, Abigail; Marshall, Beth (18 January 2017). "Rezoning concerns vocalized for new Conroe ISD high school". Community Impact Newspaper. Retrieved 11 July 2018.
- "Overview: Oak Ridge H S". Texas Education Agency. Retrieved December 28, 2018.