North Barrington, Illinois
Location of North Barrington in Lake County, Illinois.
Location of Illinois in the United States
|• Total||4.96 sq mi (12.86 km2)|
|• Land||4.71 sq mi (12.20 km2)|
|• Water||0.25 sq mi (0.65 km2)|
| • Estimate |
|• Density||626.49/sq mi (241.87/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-6 (CST)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-5 (CDT)|
|Wikimedia Commons||North Barrington, Illinois|
According to the 2010 census, North Barrington has a total area of 4.896 square miles (12.68 km2), of which 4.64 square miles (12.02 km2) (or 94.77%) is land and 0.256 square miles (0.66 km2) (or 5.23%) is water.
There are a few neighborhoods in North Barrington, three of which are Biltmore, Oaksbury, and Wynstone.
Most of North Barrington is served by North Barrington Elementary School. It is the only public school inside the village. Barrington Middle School Station or Prairie Campus both serve the village as well and some is also served by Roslyn Road Elementary School. All of these schools feed into Barrington High School. Some of the village is also served by Seth Paine Elementary School, Lake Zurich Middle School North and Lake Zurich High School.
|U.S. Decennial Census|
As of the census of 2000, there were 2,918 people, 1,003 households, and 887 families living in the village. The population density was 664.9 people per square mile (256.6/km2). There were 1,050 housing units at an average density of 239.2 per square mile (92.3/km2). The racial makeup of the village was 96.50% White, 0.48% African American, 1.61% Asian, 0.03% Pacific Islander, 0.34% from other races, and 1.03% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 2.43% of the population.
There were 1,003 households, out of which 40.2% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 83.9% were married couples living together, 2.8% had a female householder with no husband present, and 11.5% were non-families. 9.2% of all households were made up of individuals, and 3.1% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.91 and the average family size was 3.10.
In the village, the population was spread out, with 28.6% under the age of 18, 3.8% from 18 to 24, 22.1% from 25 to 44, 36.6% from 45 to 64, and 8.8% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 43 years. For every 100 females, there were 99.5 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 98.2 males.
The median income for a household in the village was $146,251, and the median income for a family was $152,474. The per capita income for the village was $81,243. About 2.2% of families and 2.8% of the population were below the poverty line, including 4.6% of those under age 18 and none of those age 65 or over.
- "2019 U.S. Gazetteer Files". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved July 14, 2020.
- "Population and Housing Unit Estimates". United States Census Bureau. May 24, 2020. Retrieved May 27, 2020.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): North Barrington village, Illinois". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Archived from the original on February 12, 2020. Retrieved December 18, 2012.
- "G001 - Geographic Identifiers - 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census Bureau. Archived from the original on 2020-02-13. Retrieved 2015-12-25.
- "Census of Population and Housing". Census.gov. Retrieved June 4, 2015.
- "U.S. Census website". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.