This article needs to be updated.March 2018)(
|Full name||Norberto Alejandro Briasco Balekian|
|Date of birth||29 February 1996|
|Place of birth||Buenos Aires, Argentina|
|Height||1.79 m (5 ft 10 in)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 5 February 2018|
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 21 May 2018
Norberto Alejandro Briasco Balekian (Armenian: Նորբերտո Ալեխանդրո Բրիասկո Բալեկյան; born 29 February 1996), better known as Norberto Briasco, is an Argentine-born Armenian professional footballer who plays as a forward for Argentine Primera División club Huracán.
Briasco was born in Buenos Aires, Argentina, to Armenian parents. He also holds Armenian citizenship, however, through his mother, whose last name is Balekian. His grandfather lives in Argentina and has been helping him learn Armenian. Despite growing up speaking only Spanish, his mother would often speak Armenian to her parents (Norberto's grandparents), which is why he's once stated that "he knows some words, at least by ear". He's also claimed to be very proud of his Armenian heritage, which is why he "didn't hesitate when invited to the National Team". He still remains close to the Armenian community of south Buenos Aires city - sometimes attending community events.
On 27 August 2016, Briasco made his debut in a 1–0 away defeat against Godoy Cruz after coming on as a substitute at the 75rd minute in place of Mauro Bogado.[clarification needed]. On 11 March 2017, he would score his first official goal for Huracán senior squad, that would give his team the final 1-0 win away at San Martín de San Juan.
On 3 March 2017, he made his international club debut in a 3-0 away defeat against Deportivo Anzoategui, away in Venezuela. However, at the return game, in Buenos Aires, Norberto scored his first international goal in a 4-0 win that would see Huracán through to the next round of 2017 Copa Sudamericana.
On 7 March 2018, Briasco received a call-up from the Armenia national football team for the friendly matches against Estonia and Lithuania. He made his international debut in a 0-0 friendly tie with Estonia on 24 March 2018.
- "La historia de Norberto Briasco, de Parque Patricios a la selección de Armenia" [The story of Norberto Briasco, from Parque Patricios to the Armenian national team.] (in Spanish). Diario La Nación. 20 March 2018. Retrieved 21 March 2018.
- "Արտերկրում հանդես եկող 13 ֆուտբոլիստներ հրավիրվել են ազգային հավաքական" [13 footballers from abroad are invited to the national team] (in Armenian). Football Federation of Armenia. 7 March 2018.
- "Norberto Briasco is happy to play for Armenian national team". Mediamax. 14 March 2018.
- "Նորբերտո Բրիասկո Բալեկյանը ժամանեց Հայաստան" [Norberto Briasco Balekian arrives in Armenia] (in Armenian). Football Federation of Armenia. 19 March 2018.
- "Mängud". jalgpall.ee.