Noel Maxam (born September 26) is an American television director, writer, and producer. Maxam has worked on the CBS Daytime drama As the World Turns as a writer, and, later, on The Young and the Restless where he transitioned the show to non-linear editing and hi-definition. As Associate Producer, he ran post production and directed for over 10 years. In 2007, he left to work as Producer on the NBC drama Days of Our Lives and was promoted to Co-Executive Producer in 2011. In 2012, he left Days and turned to freelance directing and started a company, Emagispace. Since the companies founding, Noel has advised other startups - most notably Pluto.tv which was purchased by Viacom in 2019. As a freelancer, Maxam has directed for The Young and the Restless, Hollywood Heights, Days of Our Lives and Disney. Noel Maxam is a graduate of the Interlochen Arts Academy (Diploma), Carnegie Mellon University (B.F.A. Directing) and the University of Southern California (M.F.A. in Film and Video Production).
- Director, International Promotions and Commercials
- Director (Season 1)
- Co-Executive Producer (fall 2011 - January 27, 2012)
- Supervising Producer (January 16, 2009 - fall 2011)
- Producer (September 10, 2007 - January 2009)
- Director (September 21, 2007 - fall 2011; 2015–present)
- Director (1999 - September 11, 2007; December 16, 2011 – Present)
- Associate Director (1997-1999)
- Associate Writer (1995-1997)
Awards and nominations
- Nomination, 2012, Outstanding Drama Series, "Days of Our Lives"
- Nomination, 2009, Outstanding Drama Series, "Days of Our Lives"
- Nomination, 2009, Directing Team, Days of Our Lives
- Nomination, 2000, 2004-2006, Directing Team, The Young and the Restless
- Win, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2002, Directing Team, The Young and the Restless
2009 Nominated DGA Award Outstanding Directorial Achievement in Daytime Serials for: "Days of Our Lives" (1965) For episode #10,763.
2000 Nominated DGA Award Outstanding Directorial Achievement in Daytime Serials for: "The Young and the Restless" (1973) For episode #6632.
Executive Producing History
| Executive Producer of Days of Our Lives (with Ken Corday and Greg Meng)
September 17, 2008 - September 2, 2011
Lisa de Cazotte