|Nob Yoshigahara Puzzle Design Competition|
|Founder||Jerry Slocum, International Puzzle Collectors Association|
|Most recent||August 2018|
|Previous event||San Diego, United States, "IPP38"|
|People||committee members are Oskar van Deventer, Gary Foshee, Marcel Gillen, Brian Pletcher, and Naoaki Takashima|
|also known as 'International Puzzle Party' (IPP)|
Nob Yoshigahara Puzzle Design Competition – is an annual award and competition in engineering and design mechanical puzzles. The location of the competition rotates between North America, Europe, and Japan. This puzzle design competition was founded in 2001, and has been known since 2005 as the Nob Yoshigahara Puzzle Design Competition, after the renowned puzzler Nob Yoshigahara.
The Puzzle of the Year (Jury Grand Prize and Puzzlers’ Award) went to Casino by Volker Latussek. The Grand Jury 1st Prize was awarded to both the 5L Box by Hajime Katsumoto and Trinity by Kyoo Wong.
Puzzlers' Award: Identical Twins by Osanori Yamamoto; Jury Grand Prize: Kakoi by Shiro Tajima; Jury 1st Prize: Barreled Bolt by Eitan Cher and David Tzur, No Full Pirouette! by Namick Salakhov; Jury Honorable Mention: BurrNova by Jerry McFarland, Free Me 5 by Joe Turner, Puzzle Bracelet by Yael Friedman, and In a Cage by Shiro Tajima.
- Grundhauser, Eric (2016), Solving the Mystery of the Secret International Puzzle Party, Atlas Obscura
- Nelson, Dustin (2017), Puzzle Master Shows How To Solve 2017'S Puzzle Of The Year, Thrillist
- "International Puzzle Party". www.puzzleparty.org. Retrieved 2018-11-16.
- International Puzzle Party IPP38 Nob Yoshigahara Puzzle Design Competition 2018, themetagrobologist.co.uk, 2018
- IPP38 PUZZLE DESIGN COMPETITION (IPP), puzzleworld, 2018
- IPP37 Nob Yoshigahara Puzzle Design Competition, Small Puzzle Collection Blog, 2017
- IPP38 PUZZLE DESIGN COMPETITION, JL Puzzles, 2018