|No Time to Be Young|
|Directed by||David Lowell Rich|
(as David Rich)
|Produced by||Wallace MacDonald|
|Screenplay by||Raphael Hayes|
|Story by||John McPartland|
|Edited by||Jerome Thoms|
|Distributed by||Columbia Pictures|
The story follows the troubled lives of three young robbers. The first is a college dropout, and draft dodger, who plans to rob a supermarket so he can purchase a boat and escape his problems. The second is an indebted man who is responsible for the high medical bills of a con woman who hurt herself while on a date with him. The third is a pathological liar who cannot cope with his failed marriage and writing career. During the robbery, the dropout gets too wired and kills the manager. They flee, but the dropout's cohorts are captured by the cops while he steals a truck and heads screaming down the road for Mexico. A chase ensues until the truck's brakes fail and he suffers a fatal, fiery crash.
- Robert Vaughn as Buddy Root
- Roger Smith as Bob Miller
- Tom Pittman as Stu Bradley
- Dorothy Green as Mrs. Doris Dexter
- Merry Anders as Gloria Stuben
- Kathy Nolan as Tina Parner Bradley
- Sarah Selby as Mrs. Helen Root
- "No Time to Be Young". Turner Classic Movies. Atlanta: Turner Broadcasting System (Time Warner). Retrieved November 13, 2016.
- Maltin 2010, p. 497.
- "No Time to Be Young". AllMovie. San Francisco: All Media Network. Retrieved November 13, 2016.
- Blum 1958, p. 172.
- "No Time to Be Young". Sony Pictures Entertainment. Sony Entertainment Inc. March 4, 2011. ASIN B004CZZZCM. Retrieved November 13, 2016.
- Keaney, Michael F. (2003). Film Noir Guide: 745 Films of the Classic Era, 1940-1959. New York City: McFarland & Company. p. 311. ISBN 978-0786415472.
- Maltin, Leonard (2010). Classic Movie Guide: From the Silent Era Through 1965 (2nd ed.). New York City: Plume. p. 497. ISBN 978-0452295773.
- Blum, Daniel (1958). Screen World (9th ed.). New York City: Biblo and Tannen. p. 172. ISBN 9780819602640.