|No. 534 Squadron RAF|
|Active||2 Sep 1942 – 25 Jan 1943|
|Branch||Royal Air Force|
|Role||Turbinlite nightfighter squadron|
|Part of||No. 11 Group RAF, Fighter Command|
No. 534 Squadron was formed at RAF Tangmere, Sussex on 2 September 1942, from No. 1455 (Turbinlite) Flight, as part of No. 11 Group RAF in Fighter Command. Instead of operating only Turbinlite and -rudimentary- Airborne Intercept (AI) radar equipped aircraft (Havocs and Bostons) and working together with a normal nightfighter unit the unit now also flew with their own Hawker Hurricanes. It was disbanded at Tangmere on 25 January 1943, when Turbinlite squadrons were, due to lack of success on their part and the rapid development of AI radar, thought to be superfluous.
|2 September 1942||25 January 1943||Douglas Havoc||Mk.I (Turbinlite)|
|2 September 1942||25 January 1943||Douglas Havoc||Mk.II (Turbinlite)|
|2 September 1942||25 January 1943||Douglas Boston||Mk.I (Nightfighter)|
|2 September 1942||25 January 1943||Douglas Boston||Mk.III (Turbinlite)|
|2 September 1942||25 January 1943||Hawker Hurricane||Mk.IIc|
|2 September 1942||25 January 1943||RAF Tangmere, Sussex|
|2 September 1942||25 January 1943||S/Ldr. K. Matthews|
- Delve, Ken. The Source Book of the RAF. Shrewsbury, Shropshire, UK: Airlife Publishing, 1994. ISBN 1-85310-451-5.
- Flintham, Vic and Andrew Thomas. Combat Codes: A full explanation and listing of British, Commonwealth and Allied air force unit codes since 1938. Shrewsbury, Shropshire, UK: Airlife Publishing, 2003. ISBN 1-84037-281-8.
- Halley, James J. The Squadrons of the Royal Air Force & Commonwealth 1918–1988. Tonbridge, Kent, UK: Air Britain (Historians), 1988. ISBN 0-85130-164-9.
- Jefford, Wing Commander C.G., MBE, BA, RAF(Retd.). RAF Squadrons, a Comprehensive record of the Movement and Equipment of all RAF Squadrons and their Antecedents since 1912. Shrewsbury, Shropshire, UK: Airlife Publishing, 1988 (second edition 2001). ISBN 1-85310-053-6.
- Rawlings, John D.R. Fighter Squadrons of the RAF and their Aircraft. London: Macdonald & Jane's (Publishers), 1969 (2nd edition 1976, reprinted 1978). ISBN 0-354-01028-X.
- Sturtivant, Ray, ISO and John Hamlin. RAF Flying Training And Support Units since 1912. Tonbridge, Kent, UK: Air-Britain (Historians), 2007. ISBN 0-85130-365-X.