|No. 1406 Flight RAF|
A Handley Page Hampden similar to those used by 1406 flt.
|Active||9 May 1941 – 7 August 1943|
|Branch||Royal Air Force|
|Equipment||Handley Page Hampden |
Consolidated B-24 Liberator
Armstrong Whitworth Albemarle
No. 1406 (Meteorological) Flight RAF was formed at RAF Wick on 9 May 1941, equipped with a variety of aircraft, including Handley Page Hampdens and Supermarine Spitfires. 1406 Flight disbanded on 7 August 1943 forming the basis of 519 Squadron. The flight performed a range of meteorological reconnaissance duties over the North Sea.
- List of Royal Air Force aircraft squadrons
- List of RAF Regiment squadrons
- List of Fleet Air Arm aircraft squadrons
- List of Army Air Corps aircraft squadrons
- List of Royal Air Force aircraft independent flights
- List of RAF Squadron Codes