Nneka J. Adams
Nneka Julie Adams
|Occupation||Actress, film producer, film writer|
Nneka Julie Adams (born July 8) professionally credited as Nneka Adams or Nneka J. Adams is a Canadian-based Nigerian actress, film writer, and movie producer. She is best known for her roles in the movies Black Men Rock, Last Flight to Abuja and Nation Under Siege.
Adams grew up in Lagos State, southwest Nigeria and her parents are from Delta State, south-south Nigeria. She is the second of six children. Adams attended Marymount College, and went to the University of Lagos where she graduated with degree in Philosophy. While at the university, she began auditioning for acting roles in Nollywood and got her first role at the age of 17.
She founded Adams film production, a film, television and advertising production company, on which platform she produced the movie, Black Men Rock in 2017 featuring John Dumelo, Ruth Kadiri, Bolanle Ninalowo and Beverley Osu. She also produced the movie The Devil in Between starring herself, Deyemi Okanlawon and IK Ogbonna.
Adams has gone on to feature in notable Nollywood film releases including, Chronicles of Vendata, Ruth, If You Were Mine, Perfect Combo, A Nation Under Siege and Last Flight to Abuja.
- The Gentleman
- His Queen
- The List
- Black Men Rock
- The Devil in Between
- Last Flight to Abuja
- If You Were Mine
- Chronicles of Vendata
- A Nation Under Siege
- Matazu, Hafsah Abubakar (20 April 2019). "5 Nollywood Actresses who Started out as Youngsters". The Daily Trust. Media Trust Limited. Retrieved 26 August 2019.
- Bassey, Ben (15 June 2018). "From child actress to Nollywood star". Pulse.ng. Retrieved 26 August 2019.
- "nneka adams actress and producer". nlist.ng. Retrieved 26 August 2019.
- "Why I avoid kissing in movies –Nneka Adams". The Nation. Vintage Press. 16 June 2018. Retrieved 26 August 2019.
- "The Devil in Between". IrokoTV. Retrieved 26 August 2019.
- Ricketts, Olushola (16 June 2018). "I can never act nude roles, says Nneka Adams". Punch Newspaper. Retrieved 26 August 2019.