|Born||15 December 1981|
|Height||5 ft 5 in (1.65 m)|
|Weight||135 lb (61 kg; 9.6 st)|
|Division||Featherweight (2007-2015) |
|Reach||64.0 in (163 cm)|
|Fighting out of||Beijing, China|
|Team||Tiger Muay Thai|
|Mixed martial arts record|
|Mixed martial arts record from Sherdog|
last updated on: 5 April 2016
Ning Guangyou (simplified Chinese: 宁光友; traditional Chinese: 寧光友) (born December 15, 1981), is a Chinese mixed martial artist who competes in the bantamweight division. He won his contract through an 8-man tournament on The Ultimate Fighter: China.
Mixed martial arts career
Early professional career
Ning made his professional mixed martial arts debut in 2007, competing primarily for regional promotions in China, with most of his fights taking place in Art of War Fighting Championship. In that time, Ning compiled a record of 3-2-1.
The Ultimate Fighter: China
Ning won his first fight on the show, defeating Shih Liang by knockout in the second round. Ning would then defeat Rocky Lee by knockout in the second round as well to advance to the finals.
Ultimate Fighting Championship
Ning was scheduled to make his official debut against fellow castmate Yang Jianping in the Featherweight finals on The Ultimate Fighter: China Finale. However, this bout had to be rescheduled after Yang got injured. The bout would eventually take place in Macau at UFC Fight Night: Bisping vs Le, in which Ning would beat Yang to win the Ultimate Fighter China Featherweight final. 
After his win over Wee, Ning dropped down to Bantamweight for the first time in his career to fight Marco Beltrán at UFC Fight Night: Henderson vs Masvidal, in which Ning lost the fight via a split decision.
Guangyou was expected to face Marlon Vera on August 20, 2016 at UFC 202. Subsequently on August 9 it was revealed that Guangyou had tested positive for trace amounts of clenbuterol in relation to an out-of-competition drug test taken on May 19. Guangyou was cleared of wrongdoing after it was determined by USADA that he had possibly ingested tainted meat from China. As a result, he will not be punished in any way. The bout was rescheduled to take place a week later at UFC on Fox 21. In turn, the bout was postponed again due to alleged visa issues for Guangyou, which restricted the timing of his travel. The pairing eventually took place at featherweight on November 27, 2016 at UFC Fight Night 101. He lost the fight via unanimous decision.
In May 2017, Guangyou was released from the company.
Mixed martial arts record
|Professional record breakdown|
|10 matches||5 wins||4 losses|
|Loss||5–4–1||Marlon Vera||Decision (unanimous)||UFC Fight Night: Whittaker vs. Brunson||November 27, 2016||3||5:00||Melbourne, Australia||Featherweight bout.|
|Loss||5–3–1||Marco Beltrán||Decision (split)||UFC Fight Night: Henderson vs Masvidal||November 28, 2015||3||5:00||Seoul, South Korea|
|Win||5–2–1||Royston Wee||TKO (punches and elbows)||UFC Fight Night: Edgar vs Faber||May 16, 2015||2||4:59||Manila, Philippines||Bantamweight debut; Wee missed weight (137 lbs).|
|Win||4–2–1||Jianping Yang||Decision (unanimous)||UFC Fight Night: Bisping vs Le||August 23, 2014||3||5:00||Macau, SAR, China||Won The Ultimate Fighter: China Featherweight tournament.|
|Win||3–2–1||Zhouwen Jiang||TKO (punches)||RUFF 9||May 18, 2013||2||1:43||Sanya, China|
|Loss||2–2–1||A Sol Kwon||Decision (unanimous)||Legend Fighting Championship 3||September 24, 2010||3||5:00||Hong Kong, SAR, China|
|Loss||2–1–1||Kyung Ho Kang||Submission (triangle choke)||Art Of War Fighting Championship 13||July 18, 2009||1||7:34||Beijing, China|
|Win||2–0–1||Sirojiddin Izakbaev||Submission (rear-naked choke)||Art of War Fighting Championship 12||May 23, 2009||1||4:51||Beijing, China|
|Win||1–0–1||Kazuto Senga||TKO (punches)||Art of War Fighting Championship 11||March 22, 2009||1||2:13||Beijing, China|
|Draw||0–0–1||Yuan Long||Draw||Art of War Fighting Championship 8||September 22, 2007||1||15:00||Beijing, China|
Mixed martial arts exhibition record
|Exhibition record breakdown|
|2 matches||2 wins||0 losses|
|Win||2–0||Rocky Lee||KO (punches)||The Ultimate Fighter: China||2013||1||N/a||Beijing, China||Featherweight semifinals.|
|Win||1–0||Shih Liang||KO (punches)||The Ultimate Fighter: China||2013||2||N/a||Beijing, China||Featherweight quarterfinals.|
- "Ning Guangyou - Official Fighter Profile". UFC.com.
- "Ning Guangyou - Official Fighter Profile". UFC.com.
- "UFC Fight Night 48 results: Ning Guangyou tops Jianping Yang, wins 'TUF: China'". MMA Junkie. 23 August 2014. Retrieved 2016-04-05.
- "'The Ultimate Fighter: China' cast revealed, series debuts Dec. 7". MMAJunkie.com. November 16, 2013. Retrieved November 16, 2013.
- Anton Tabuena (2014-01-27). "TUF: China Finals set with Wang Sai vs. Zhang Lipeng and Yang Jianping vs. Ning Guangyou". bloodyelbow.com. Retrieved 2014-01-27.
- Ariel Helwani (2014-08-23). "UFC Fight Night 48 Results: Bisping vs. Le". mmafighting.com. Retrieved 2016-04-05.
- Bryan Tucker (2015-05-16). "UFC Fight Night 66 Results: Edgar vs. Faber". mmafighting.com. Retrieved 2016-04-05.
- Dann Snupp (2015-11-28). "UFC Fight Night 79 results Results: Marco Beltran edges Ning Guangyou in snoozer". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2016-04-05.
- Danny Segura (2016-07-17). "Marlon Vera vs. Ning Guangyou set for UFC 202". mmafighting.com. Retrieved 2016-07-17.
- "UFC bantamweight Ning Guangyou tests positive for banned substance, will not face suspension". 2016-08-09. Retrieved 2016-08-09.
- Thomas Gerbasi (2016-08-22). "Guangyou-Vera bout off Vancouver card". ufc.com. Retrieved 2016-08-22.
- Ben Fowlkes (2016-11-27). "UFC Fight Night 101 results: Marlon Vera has good first, good third for decision over Ning Guangyou". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2016-11-27.