|Written by||Natasha Gordon|
|Date premiered||April 2018|
|Place premiered||Dorfman Theatre|
Nine Night had its world premiere production at Dorfman Theatre beginning on 21 April 2018, playing a limited run to 21 May. The production transferred to the West End, beginning previews at Trafalgar Studios on 1 December 2018 prior to opening night on 6 December. Playwright Natasha Gordon stepped into the role of Lorraine. The production played a limited run to 23 February.
The play received generally positive reviews. Paul Taylor for The Independent states "Natasha Gordon's debut play buzzes with comic energy...The piece generates a fantastic atmosphere of inclusion. Natasha Gordon is an actress, but I have no doubt that from now on, we will be hearing a lot more from her as a dramatist." In a five star review for the Evening Standard, Henry Hitchings states "Right now there’s probably no funnier performance in town than Cecilia Noble as Aunt Maggie, the clucking matriarch in Natasha Gordon’s richly enjoyable family drama."
Nine Night received three nominations at the Evening Standard Theatre Awards, with Natasha Gordon winning the award for Most Promising Playwright. Other nominations included Cecilia Noble for Best Actress and director Roy Alexander Weise for the Emerging Talent award.
- "Nine Night | National Theatre". www.nationaltheatre.org.uk. Retrieved 2019-01-24.
- "Nine Night writer Natasha Gordon to star in her debut play in the West End | WhatsOnStage". www.whatsonstage.com. Retrieved 2019-01-24.
- Snow, Georgia (2018-11-18). "Evening Standard Theatre Awards 2018: the winners in full". The Stage. Retrieved 2019-01-24.
- "Nine Night, National Theatre, review: Natasha Gordon's debut play buzzes with comic energy". The Independent. 2018-05-01. Retrieved 2019-01-24.
- "Nine Night is a remarkable debut that captures humour of the everyday". Evening Standard. 2018-05-01. Retrieved 2019-01-24.