|Wyoming House of Representatives|
|Children||Lila and Nina|
|Alma mater||Queen Mary's College, Madras Law College, Columbia University|
Nimi McConigley (née Swamidoss) is an Indian American politician who served in the Wyoming State Legislature from 1994 until 1996. McConigley, who was born in Madras, was the first Indian born person and the first Indian American women to serve in any State legislature.
Instead of running for re-election, Rep. McConigley chose to run for United States Senate. In the Republican primary, she finished 4th out of 9 candidates, behind Michael Enzi, John Barrasso, and Curt Meier.
She had previously been only one of two Asian American news directors when she took that role at CBS affiliate KGWC in Casper, Wyoming after graduating from the Columbia University school of journalism. She did her schooling in Doveton Corrie School in Vepery .She did bachelor's degree in Arts from Queen Mary's College and her law degree from the Madras Law College. She later studied Journalism at the Columbia University. She married Patrick McConigley has two daughters Lila and Nina.
- "Former Legislator to Be Honored Guest at UW Diwali Night Oct. 8" University of Wyoming - 26 September 2006
- Mart Martin (24 April 2018). The Almanac Of Women And Minorities In American Politics 2002. Taylor & Francis. pp. 206–. ISBN 978-0-429-97648-3. Retrieved 9 November 2018. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- The News Director Proves Her Mettle American Journalistic Review - Jan/Feb 1992
- Proud, political and American - Mercer Garden
- Sachindra Nath Pradhan (1996). India in the United States: contributions of India & Indians in the United States of America. SP Press International. p. 316. ISBN 978-0-9617129-1-4. Retrieved 9 November 2018. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Bobby Jindal wins from Louisiana The Tribune, Chandigarh - 4 November 2004
- What political breakthrough? Rediff - 15 January 2003
- Martin, Mart.The Almanac of Women and Minorities in American Politics 2002. Westview Press, 2001. ISBN 0-8133-9817-7