Gift and jewel boxes of the game
|Publisher(s)||CDV Software Entertainment (North America)|
|Engine||Silent Storm engine|
Night Watch (Russian: «Ночной дозор») is a tactical role-playing game developed by Russian developer Nival Interactive, and based on the Russian novel and the film of the same name. It features a group of Light Others trying to combat the schemes of Day Watch.
- Stas — the main character from the story. He became the Light Other in the beginning of the story. He has a short temper and a gung ho attitude. Has a tendency to make wisecracks in tense situations. If the player chooses the shapeshifter class, Stas shifts into a dog.
- Vera — a recently recruited member of Night Watch. She was initiated by Geser (the leader of the Night Watch in the novels). Tends to act as a voice of reason of the group. She turns into a panther (if shapeshifter).
- Yurik — a goodhearted, but somewhat naive member of Night Watch. He was ambushed by Light Others, only to be rescued by Stas. Comes with a 'magical' credit card, which can be used in a near bank, within the same level, for some advanced equipment. If shapeshifter, changes into a wolf.
- Anna — a recently recruited member of Day Watch. Stas was supposed to kill her as part of his initiation. She does not become a playable character until the middle of the game, when she teams up with Stas to stop Zavulon's scheme.
Over the course of the game, it was revealed that both Day Watch and Night Watch found a way to change the potential Others' affiliation via electronic transmitters. Stas was one of its first test subjects, as he was originally supposed to be a Dark Other. Zavulon was planning to take advantage of the spell by converting all the potential Others in Russia into Dark Others.
- Ocampo, Jason (April 13, 2006). "Night Watch Exclusive Hands-On - Combat, Classes, and Turning a Hit Russian Movie Into a Game". GameSpot. Retrieved 26 November 2007.
- Thompson, Mike (June 22, 2006). "Night Watch". Game Helper Magazine. Archived from the original on December 28, 2007. Retrieved 26 November 2007.
- "Gamers Gate launch worldwide download premiere: Day Watch". GameZone. Gameindustry.biz. May 16, 2007. Retrieved 28 March 2017.