|Indian Railway Station|
|Location||Katwa road, Nigan, Purba Bardhaman district, West Bengal|
|Elevation||26 m (85 ft)|
|Owned by||Indian Railways|
|Operated by||Eastern Railway|
|Structure type||Standard (on ground station)|
|Division(s)||Howrah railway division|
|Electrified||25 kV AC overhead|
|Previous names||McLeod's Light Railways|
Nigan railway station is a railway station in Bardhaman–Katwa line under Howrah railway division of Eastern Railway zone. It is situated beside Katwa road at Nigan of Purba Bardhaman district in the Indian state of West Bengal.
On 1 December 1915, McLeod's Light Railways (MLR) set up narrow gauge lines in the Burdwan-Katwa Railway route. This railway section was handed over to the Eastern Railway in 1966. In 2010 the work started for conversion of 5 ft 6 in (1,676 mm) broad gauge. Bardhaman to Balogna railway station was reopened in 2014 and Balgona to Katwa section was completed on 12 January 2018 for the public.
- "Howrah Division System Map". ER Railway.
- "NGX / Nigan Railway Station | Train Arrival / Departure Timings at Nigan". www.totaltraininfo.com. Retrieved 2019-10-11.
- roy, Joydeep. "Nigan Railway Station Map/Atlas ER/Eastern Zone – Railway Enquiry". indiarailinfo.com. Retrieved 2019-10-11.
- Law, Abhishek. "It's journey's end for these slow coaches with a long history". @businessline. Retrieved 2019-10-11.
- Jun 8, TNN | Updated; 2010; Ist, 0:53. "Villagers stall rail project in Burdwan | Kolkata News – Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 2019-10-11.
- সংবাদদাতা, নিজস্ব. "'বড় রেল' কাটোয়ায়, জমল ভিড়". anandabazar.com (in Bengali). Retrieved 2019-10-11.
|This article about a railway station in the Indian state of West Bengal is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|