This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (December 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Owner||Levine Leichtman Capital Partners|
|Subsidiaries||Great American Cookies|
Hot Dog on a Stick
Marble Slab Creamery
Round Table Pizza
Global Franchise Group is a brand acquisition and management firm headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, United States. It specializes in the retail franchising, consumer branded products, and quick service restaurant franchising industries. It was founded in 2010 with the acquisition of NexCen Brands' properties. It is owned by Levine Leichtman Capital Partners.
Global Franchise Group's brands operate over 1,500 franchised and corporate stores in over 16 countries.
NexCen Brands began its brand acquisition and management strategy in June 2006, when it acquired UCC Capital Corporation. UCC Capital was a provider of financing and strategic advisory service to companies with core assets in Intellectual Property, and its acquisition provided NexCen with a management team. UCC Capital also provided NexCen with significant contacts and networks.
- November 2006: Acquired The Athlete's Foot, a franchised athletic footwear and apparel retail brand.
- February 2007: Acquired:
- May 2007: Acquired Waverly (founded in 1923), a fashion and lifestyle brand in the home category. Its brand family include Waverly, Waverly Home, Waverly Home Classics, Waverly Baby, and Waverly Sun N Shade.
- August 2007: Pretzel Time and Pretzelmaker, two franchised brands in the hand rolled pretzel category, acquired from Mrs. Fields.
- November 2007: Acquired Shoebox New York, a multi-brand retailer for footwear, handbags and accessories.
- January 2008: Acquired Great American Cookies from Mrs. Fields.
- September 2008: Waverly sold to Iconix Brand Group
- December 2008: Bill Blass sold to Peacock International Holdings
- July 2010: NexCen properties sold to Global Franchise Group
- July 2012: Global Franchise Group sold The Athlete's Foot to Intersport, LLC
- August 2014: Global Franchise Group acquired Hot Dog on a Stick from bankruptcy
- September 2017: Global Franchise Group acquired Round Table Pizza.
- "NexCen Brands Is Still Hungry", Restaurants & Institutions, August 15, 2007
- "NexCen Purchases Great American Cookie Co. for $93.7 Million". QSR magazine. 29 January 2008.
- Global Franchise Group adds Hot Dog on a Stick
- Maze, Jonathan (15 September 2017). "Great American Cookies owner buys Round Table Pizza". Nation's Restaurant News.