|Elevation||902 ft (275 m)|
|Time zone||UTC-6 (Central (CST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-5 (CDT)|
|Area code(s)||256 & 938|
|GNIS feature ID||156792|
Newell was named after the family of W. P. Newell, who was elected as sheriff of Randolph County in 1845. Newell also served as a member of the Alabama House of Representatives from 1853 to 1855. He later served as the mayor of Camp Hill, Alabama.
- "Newell". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey.
- Foscue, Virginia (1989). Place Names in Alabama. Tuscaloosa: The University of Alabama Press. p. 101. ISBN 0-8173-0410-X.
- Willis Brewer (1872). Alabama, Her History, Resources, War Record, and Public Men: From 1540 to 1872. Barrett & Brown. p. 509.
- The McGraw Waterworks Directory. 1915. p. 2.
- "Randolph County". Jim Forte Postal History. Retrieved 7 February 2015.
- "US Post Offices by County". United States Postal Service. Retrieved 7 February 2015.
Media related to Newell, Alabama at Wikimedia Commons
|This Alabama state location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|