|Valley View Drive|
NY 962J highlighted in red
|Maintained by NYSDOT|
|Length||0.41 mi (0.66 km)|
|South end||NY 434 in Owego|
|Future I-86 / NY 17 / Southern Tier Expressway in Owego|
|North end||NY 17C in Owego|
New York State Route 962J (NY 962J) is a 0.41-mile-long (0.66 km) northeast–southwest reference route that, unlike most reference routes, has been signed as a touring route in Southern Tier town of Owego in Tioga County, New York. Its southwestern terminus is at NY 434 in the census-designated place of Apalachin and its northeastern terminus is at NY 17C south of the hamlet of Campville.
The entire route is less than a 1/2 mile in length and has only one name, Valley View Drive.
Shortly after the street begins at NY 434, NY 962J passes over NY 17 (Future I-86) (the Southern Tier Expressway). This portion was previously part of the trumpet-style interchange that NY 17 westbound had with NY 434 at exit 66. Today, however, the road continues to the northeast, intersecting the new ramps that lead to and from NY 17 westbound before crossing over the Susquehanna River.
The bridge over the Susquehanna and the reconfiguration of the westbound ramps at exit 66 were completed in 2001, offering a convenient connector route across the Susquehanna. It was also designated as a reference route at that time. It was not marked as a touring route until early 2005. NY 962J is one of four reference routes in New York State to be signed as a touring route. See NY 990V for a more detailed explanation of this phenomenon.
The entire route is in Tioga County.
|Apalachin||0.00||0.00||NY 434 to Future I-86 / NY 17 / Southern Tier Expressway east – Apalachin||Southern terminus|
|Town of Owego||0.15||0.24||Future I-86 / NY 17 / Southern Tier Expressway west||Exit 66 on NY 17; westbound on/off ramps only|
|0.41||0.66||NY 17C – Campville||Northern terminus|
|1.000 mi = 1.609 km; 1.000 km = 0.621 mi|
- Perry, N.W. "Reference Routes – Region 6". Empire State Routes. Retrieved January 24, 2010.
- "2008 Traffic Data Report for New York State" (PDF). New York State Department of Transportation. June 16, 2009. p. 361. Retrieved January 10, 2010.
- National Bridge Inventory, a database compiled by the United States Department of Transportation Federal Highway Administration, available at www.nationalbridges.com. Accessed November 2, 2007.
- Sinsabaugh, Mark. "New York State Route 962J". New York Routes. Retrieved January 24, 2010.
- New York State Route 962J at New York Routes