The following is a List of New York State Bicycle Routes. These routes are designated by the New York State Department of Transportation.
- 1 List of routes
- 1.1 State Bicycle Route 5
- 1.2 State Bicycle Route 9
- 1.3 State Bicycle Route 11
- 1.4 State Bicycle Route 14
- 1.5 State Bicycle Route 17
- 1.6 State Bicycle Route 19
- 1.7 State Bicycle Route 22
- 1.8 State Bicycle Route 23
- 1.9 State Bicycle Route 24
- 1.10 State Bicycle Route 25
- 1.11 State Bicycle Route 25A
- 1.12 State Bicycle Route 27
- 1.13 State Bicycle Route 28
- 1.14 State Bicycle Route 32
- 1.15 State Bicycle Route 44
- 1.16 State Bicycle Route 114
- 1.17 State Bicycle Route 199
- 1.18 State Bicycle Route 208
- 1.19 State Bicycle Route 209
- 1.20 State Bicycle Route 308
- 1.21 State Bicycle Route 517
- 2 References
- 3 External links
List of routes
State Bicycle Route 5
New York State Bicycle Route 5
|Location||Niagara Falls–New Lebanon|
New York State Bicycle Route 5 runs from Niagara Falls east to the Massachusetts border in New Lebanon. The route passes through the communities of Niagara Falls (with a spur to Buffalo), Lockport, Middleport, Albion, Rochester, Lyons, Baldwinsville, Rome, Utica, Herkimer, Amsterdam, Rotterdam, Schenectady, Albany, and Rensselaer. It overlaps State Bicycle Route 9 over the Dunn Memorial Bridge over the Hudson River.
State Bicycle Route 9
New York State Bicycle Route 9
|Location||New York City–Rouses Point|
New York State Bicycle Route 9 runs from New York City north to the border with Canada in Rouses Point. The route crosses the George Washington Bridge and follows U.S. Route 9W (US 9W) through a portion of New Jersey before entering New York again in Palisades. The route passes through Nyack, Haverstraw, Bear Mountain, Fishkill, Wappingers Falls (where in intersects State Bicycle Route 17), Poughkeepsie, Hudson, Rensselaer, Albany (where it intersects State Bicycle Route 5), Troy, Waterford, Fort Edward, Hudson Falls, Adirondack Park, and Plattsburgh.
State Bicycle Route 11
New York State Bicycle Route 11
New York State Bicycle Route 11 runs north / south in two segments. The southern segment runs from Pennsylvania border in Conklin where it connects to BicyclePA Route L, north to the border of Broome and Cortland counties in Lisle, passing through Binghamton.
The northern segment runs from the border of Oswego and Jefferson counties in Ellisburg north to the border with Canada in Rouses Point, passing through Watertown, Canton, Potsdam, and Malone. At the north end it connects to Vélo Québec Quebec Route Verte No.2.
State Bicycle Route 14
New York State Bicycle Route 14
State Bicycle Route 17
New York State Bicycle Route 17
New York State Bicycle Route 17 runs from Westfield east to State Bicycle Route 9 in Wappingers Falls. The route passes through Mayville, where it splits into two branches alongside Chautauqua Lake that join again in Jamestown. From here, the route passes through Salamanca, Allegany State Park, Olean, Wellsville, Bath, Corning, Elmira, Waverly, Binghamton, Hancock, Port Jervis, Middletown, Newburgh, and Beacon.
New York State Bicycle Route 17 generally follows NY 17, although it runs primarily on former segments such as NY 394, NY 430, NY 242, NY 353, NY 417, NY 21, two Steuben County Roads, with local roads in between, NY 415, NY 414, NY 352. However, in Delaware County, it heads northeast onto NY 10, then south onto NY 268 and then to NY 97, then east to U.S. Route 6 to NY 207, briefly taking U.S. Route 9W before turning onto the Newburgh–Beacon Bridge, only to move north onto NY 9D.
State Bicycle Route 19
New York State Bicycle Route 19
|Location||Pike–Hamlin Beach State Park|
State Bicycle Route 22
New York State Bicycle Route 22
State Bicycle Route 23
New York State Bicycle Route 23
|Location||Rip Van Winkle Bridge–Copake|
State Bicycle Route 24
New York State Bicycle Route 24
New York State Bicycle Route 24 runs along New York State Route 24 (NY 24), from CR 104 at the Riverhead Traffic Circle, eastward to Old Riverhead Road in Hampton Bays. Originally, Bike Route 24 extended east of NY 24 proper to run along Old Riverhead Road where it briefly joined Squiretown Road beneath the NY 27 bridge, and before returning to Old Riverhead Road to terminate at Montauk Highway in Hampton Bays. This segment is now part of the Old Riverhead/Squiretown Road Bike Route under the supervision of the Town of Southampton, and was extended south along the rest of Squiretown Road into Ponquogue Avenue (Suffolk CR 32) to its southern terminus at the shared termini of Springville and Shinnecock Road.
State Bicycle Route 25
New York State Bicycle Route 25
New York State Bicycle Route 25 runs from Smithtown east to Orient Point, passing through Port Jefferson Station, Shoreham, and Riverhead. The route is actually shared with NY 25A from the Village of the Branch to Calverton, with diversions in St. James along Woodlawn Avenue, then Northern Boulevard to Railroad Avenue toward St. James Railroad Station, and back to NY 25A from Lake Avenue. The route also diverts from Route 25A from Stony Brook to Setauket along Suffolk County Road 68, and from Port Jefferson to Sound Beach along East Broadway, Belle Terre Road and North Country Road. Along NY 25, the route diverges in Riverhead and Aquebogue at Manor Road, Middle Road, Ostrand Avenue, Elton Street, then to Hubbard Avenue and Edgar Avenue. Within Greenport, the bike route diverges along the second New York Truck Route 25 (Moores Lane), onto Suffolk County Road 48 before reuniting with NY 25 again south of Stirling.
State Bicycle Route 25A
New York State Bicycle Route 25A
|Location||Cold Spring Harbor–Smithtown|
New York State Bicycle Route 25A runs from the border of Nassau and Suffolk counties in Cold Spring Harbor east to Smithtown, passing through Huntington. The route doesn't actually share NY 25A until it reaches Kings Park. Bike Route 25A begins on Suffolk County Road 11 (Pulaski Road) at the Cold Spring Harbor Railroad Station, then turns south onto Suffolk County Route 92 (Oakwood Road), only to move east again onto 11th Street, which turns into East Rogues Path. Terminating at Maplewood Road, it turns left there, which itself terminates at Suffolk County Route 35 (Park Avenue). Bike Route 25A turns northwest momentarily and then heads back east onto Little Plains Road, which is completely shared with the route. When Little Plains Road ends, Bike Route 25A shares the last segment of Suffolk County Road 9 (Cuba Hill Road), but continues onto Burr Road beyond County Route 10 (Elwood Road) until it reaches Suffolk County Road 4 (Town Line Road), and turns north. At Scholar Lane, Bike Route 25A heads east again and after crossing over the Sunken Meadow State Parkway turns north again over Old Commack Road, which runs mostly parallel to the parkway. Old Commack Road terminates at CR 11 in Kings Park, and reunites with the County Road again. Whereas CR 11 terminates at NY 25A, Bike Route 25A continues onto Old Dock Road until it reaches Kohr Road, where it turns south and turns onto NY 25A at Suffolk County Road 14. The route finally runs along the state highway it was named after until it reaches the Smithtown Bull.
State Bicycle Route 27
New York State Bicycle Route 27
|Location||Southampton Village–Montauk Point State Park|
New York State Bicycle Route 27 runs along NY 27 (also known as Montauk Highway) from Suffolk County Road 39A (North Highway) just inside the village of Southampton to the Montauk Point Lighthouse inside Montauk Point State Park (also the terminus of NYS Route 27).
State Bicycle Route 28
New York State Bicycle Route 28
State Bicycle Route 32
New York State Bicycle Route 32
State Bicycle Route 44
New York State Bicycle Route 44
State Bicycle Route 114
New York State Bicycle Route 114
New York State Bicycle Route 114 is shared entirely with NY 114, except within Sag Harbor where it diverts onto Hempstead Street, then Bay Street before rejoining NY 114, and in Greenport, where it continues west from NY 114's northern terminus along NY 25 until it reaches the second New York Truck Route 25 (Moore's Lane), and New York State Bicycle Route 25.
State Bicycle Route 199
New York State Bicycle Route 199
State Bicycle Route 208
New York State Bicycle Route 208
State Bicycle Route 209
New York State Bicycle Route 209
State Bicycle Route 308
New York State Bicycle Route 308
State Bicycle Route 517
New York State Bicycle Route 517
|Location||Pennsylvania/New York state line–Lockport|
New York State Bicycle Route 517 runs from the Pennsylvania-New York State line north though Chautauqua, Erie and Niagara Countries to Lockport. Route 517 passes through the communities of Shore Haven, Westfield, Van Buren Bay, Dunkirk, Silver Creek, Cattaraugus Indian Reservation, Farnham, Evans Center, Mount Vernon, Blasdell, Lackawanna, Buffalo, Getzville, South Lockport before ending in the City of Lockport at New York State Bicycle Route 5.
- "State Bicycle Route 5 Map". New York State Department of Transportation. Retrieved July 18, 2013.
- "State Bicycle Route 9 Maps - Southern Section". New York State Department of Transportation. Retrieved February 2, 2011.
- "State Bicycle Route 9 Maps - Mid-state Section". New York State Department of Transportation. Retrieved February 2, 2011.
- "State Bicycle Route 9 Maps - Northern Section". New York State Department of Transportation. Retrieved February 2, 2011.
- "State Bicycle Route 9 Maps - Far Northern Section". New York State Department of Transportation. Retrieved February 2, 2011.
- New York State Department of Transportation (January 2012). Official Description of Highway Touring Routes, Bicycling Touring Routes, Scenic Byways, & Commemorative/Memorial Designations in New York State (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on July 29, 2013. Retrieved February 16, 2012.
- State Bike Route 11 NYS DoT
- "State Bicycle Route 17 Map". New York State Department of Transportation. Retrieved July 18, 2013.
- State Bike Route 24 (Bicycling in New York: NYSDOT)
- "Long Island Bike Map". New York State Department of Transportation. Retrieved February 4, 2011.[dead link]
- Town of Southampton-Old Riverhead/Squiretown Road Bike Route (Bicycling in New York (NYSDOT)
- State Bike Route 25 (Bicycling in New York; NYSDOT)
- State Bike Route 25A (Bicycling in New York; NYSDOT)
- State Bike Route 27 (Bicycling in New York: NYSDOT)
- State Bike Route 114 (Bicycling in New York; NYSDOT)
- NY Bike Route 199 (NYSDOT)
- New York State DOT Map of Bicycle Route 308