|New York's 4th congressional district|
New York 's 4th congressional district - since January 3, 2013.
The 4th congressional district of New York is a congressional district for the United States House of Representatives in central and southern Nassau County. It includes the communities of Baldwin, Bellmore, East Rockaway, East Meadow, the Five Towns, Lynbrook, Floral Park, Franklin Square, Garden City, Hempstead, Atlantic Beach, Long Beach, Malverne, Freeport, Merrick, Mineola, Carle Place, New Hyde Park, Oceanside, Rockville Centre, Roosevelt, Uniondale, Wantagh, West Hempstead, Westbury and parts of Valley Stream. Democrat Kathleen Rice has represented the district since 2015.
|Election results from presidential races|
Components: past and present
- Parts of Manhattan
- Parts of Brooklyn
- Parts of Queens
- Parts of Nassau County
In the 1960s, 1970s and 1980s much of this area was in the 5th District. The 4th District then included many towns in eastern Nassau County now in the 3rd District.
List of members representing the district
In New York electoral politics there are numerous smaller parties at various points on the political spectrum. Certain parties invariably endorse either the Republican or Democratic candidate for every office, hence the state electoral results contain both the party votes, and the final candidate votes (Listed as "Recap").
|Right to Life||Vincent P. Garbitelli||3,252||1.5|
|Liberal||Robert S. Berkowitz||1,162||0.5|
|Republican||Gregory R. Becker||79,984||46.6||+6.1|
|Liberal||Patricia M. Maher||1,343||0.8||+0.3|
|Republican||Gregory R. Becker||87,830||38.9||-7.7|
|Republican||Marilyn F. O'Grady||72,882||43.2||+4.3|
|Republican||Martin W. Blessinger||55,050||35.1||-1.9|
|Democratic||Carolyn McCarthy (incumbent)||163,955||61.8||+8.2|
|Democratic||Kathleen M. Rice||89,793||52.8||-9.0|
|Democratic||Kathleen Rice (incumbent)||185,286||59.5||+6.7|
|Democratic||Kathleen Rice (incumbent)||159,535||61.0||+1.5|
Historical district boundaries
- List of United States congressional districts
- New York's congressional districts
- United States congressional delegations from New York
- "New York congressional districts by urban and rural population and land area". United States Census Bureau. June 8, 2017. Archived from the original on November 21, 2019. Retrieved November 21, 2019.
- "Partisan Voting Index – Districts of the 115th Congress" (PDF). The Cook Political Report. April 7, 2017. Retrieved April 7, 2017.
- 1996 House election data, Clerk of the House of Representatives
- 1998 House election data, "
- 2000 House election data, "
- 2002 House election data, "
- 2004 House election data, "
- 2006 House election data, "
- Martis, Kenneth C. (1989). The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress. New York: Macmillan Publishing Company.
- Martis, Kenneth C. (1982). The Historical Atlas of United States Congressional Districts. New York: Macmillan Publishing Company.
- Congressional Biographical Directory of the United States 1774–present
- National atlas congressional maps