|New York's 20th|
State Senate District
|Current senator||Zellnor Myrie (D–Prospect Lefferts Gardens)|
15.0% No party preference
New York's 20th State Senate district is one of 63 districts in the New York State Senate. It has been represented by Democrat Zellnor Myrie since 2019, following his victory over IDC-aligned incumbent Jesse Hamilton in the 2018 primary election.
District 20 covers two separate areas in central Brooklyn, linked together by a narrow strip of city blocks. The district includes parts of the neighborhoods of Brownsville, Crown Heights, East Flatbush, Gowanus, Park Slope, Prospect Heights, Prospect Lefferts Gardens, South Slope, and Sunset Park.
The district overlaps with New York's 7th, 8th, 9th, and 10th congressional districts, and with the 42nd, 43rd, 49th, 51st, 52nd, 55th, 56th, 57th, and 58th districts of the New York State Assembly.
Recent election results
|Democratic||Zellnor Myrie (incumbent)||99,491||97.5|
|Democratic||Jesse Hamilton (incumbent)||20,266||46.0|
|Independence||Jesse Hamilton (incumbent)||5,728||7.3|
|Democratic||Jesse Hamilton (incumbent)||90,272||94.0|
|Democratic||Eric Adams (incumbent)||81,110||95.7|
Federal results in District 20
|2016||President||Clinton 91.6 – 6.4%|
|2012||President||Obama 94.2 – 5.0%|
|Senate||Gillibrand 95.0 – 4.0%|
- "State Senate District 20, NY". Census Reporter. Retrieved July 3, 2019.
- "Enrollment by Senate District". New York State Board of Elections. February 2019.
- "Our District". Zellnor Myrie, The New York State Senate. Retrieved July 3, 2019.
- David Jarman. "How do counties, House districts, and legislative districts all overlap?". Daily Kos. Retrieved September 2, 2019.
- "New York State Senate District 20". Ballotpedia. Retrieved July 3, 2020.
- "State Senator 20th Senate District - General Election - November 3, 2020". New York State Board of Elections. December 3, 2020. Retrieved December 6, 2020.
- "Daily Kos Elections Statewide Results by LD". Daily Kos. Retrieved July 3, 2019.