|Directed by||Tope Oshin|
|Produced by||Kene Okwuosa|
Chinaza 'Naz' Onuzo
|Written by||Chinaza 'Naz' Onuzo|
|Story by||Naz Onuzo|
|Music by||Bayo Adepetun|
|Cinematography||Idowu Adedapo |
|Edited by||Victoria Akujobi|
|Distributed by||FilmOne Distributions|
New Money is a 2018 Nigerian film directed by Tope Oshin with production by Inkblot Productions and FilmOne. It tells the story of a sales girl who dreams of becoming a fashion designer and subsequently receives an unexpected inheritance from her absentee father. Released in March 2018, it stars Jemima Osunde, Kate Henshaw, Blossom Chukwujekwu, Dakore Akande, Wale Ojo Osas Ighodaro and Falz d Bahd Guy.
Twenty-three year old Toun (Jemima Osunde), finds herself thrown into the world of the rich after her father (Kalu Ikeagwu) left his multibillion-dollar company to her in his will. She learns that her mother, Fatima (Kate Henshaw) was legally married to her father, Ifeanyi, although due to strong opposition from his family, the marriage was annulled. He remarried, this time to Ebube (Dakore Akande), but they never had any children together. She ignored her mother and entered into a life of luxury which is threatened by her uncle, Chuka (Wale Ojo) and his son, Patrick (Adeolu Adefarasin). Her decisions put the company in a negative light and portrays her as inferior CEO.Thrown in the mix of all of this, Toun struggles to find her old self again while pushing away old friends and falsely accusing new ones. Through this all, Joseph (Blossom Chukwujekwu) stands by her.
- Jemima Osunde as Toun
- Blossom Chukwujekwu as Joseph
- Kate Henshaw as Fatima
- Dakore Akande as Ebube
- Wale Ojo as Chuka
- Wofai Fada as Binta
- Adeolu Adefarasin as Patrick
- Osas Ighodaro as Angela
- Daniel Etim Effiong as Ganiyu Osamede
- Falz as Quam
- Kalu Ikeagwu as Ifeanyi
- Femi Branch
- Bikiya Graham-Douglas
- Rita Edwards as Manager
- Yolanda Okereke
New Money received mixed reviews from critics. Nollywood Reinvented referred to the movie as being "Disney-like", highlighting the lack of depth in the story as well as the over-saturation of popular music. NR, however, praised the performances in the movie. Ife Olujuyigbe of True Nollywood Stories (TNS) praised the movie for the casting, music selection and rich dialogue but criticized it for what she called 'a rather flat ending and a poster that begs for originality'. Overall, she rates the movie 80%. Ayomide Crit praised the storytelling, production and casting but was of the opinion that the storyline lacked sufficient depth. The critic also held the opinion that the directorial composition was averagely done and finally described the movie as 'just there, nothing spectacular and nothing remarkable'. Chidumga Izuzu of Pulse Nigeria praised the acting of Jemima Osunde in portraying the character of Toun. She also praised the chemistry between characters but stated that the movie is not as intense as director Oshin's previous works.
In 2020 a sequel was filmed titled Quam's Money. The follow-up story follows what happens when a security guard (Quam) suddenlt becomes a multi-millionaire. The new cast was lead by Falz, Toni Tones, Jemima Osunde, Blossom Chukwujekwu and Nse Ikpe-Etim.
- Editor (14 March 2018). "Nollywood movie 'New Money' hits cinemas soon". Daily Trust. Retrieved 9 October 2018.CS1 maint: extra text: authors list (link)
- Daniel, Eniola (21 March 2018). "Veterans, newbies clash in New Money". Guardian. Retrieved 9 October 2018.
- Ogujiuba, Azuka (24 March 2018). "New Money cast and celebs shut down Inkblot and FilmOne's latest premiere". ThisDay Live. Retrieved 9 October 2018.
- Obokoh, Anthonia (18 March 2018). "'New Money', a clash of veterans and newbies". Business Day. Retrieved 10 October 2018.
- "New Money Review". Nollywood Reinvented.
- Olujuyigbe, Ife (4 April 2018). "CINEMA REVIEW: Despite Its Flat Ending, Tope Oshin's "New Money" Is A Good Idea That Meets Proper Execution". TNS. Retrieved 10 October 2018.
- Crit, Ayomide (31 March 2018). "New Money". The Nation. Retrieved 10 October 2018.
- Izuzu, Chidumga (31 March 2018). ""New Money" is pretty and messy at the same time". Pulse Nigeria. Retrieved 10 October 2018.
- Tv, Bn (2020-11-05). "This Teaser for Forthcoming "Quam's Money" starring Falz, Toni Tones, Nse Ikpe-Etim is a Whole Different Vibe!". BellaNaija. Retrieved 2020-11-07.