|New Jersey's 6th congressional district|
District map as of 2013
New Jersey's 6th congressional district is represented by Democrat Frank Pallone, who has served the district in Congress since 1993. The district includes the northern and eastern portions of Middlesex County and the coastal areas of Monmouth County, including towns along the Raritan Bay.
Counties and municipalities in the district
Middlesex County: (12)
- Carteret, Edison Township, Highland Park, Metuchen, New Brunswick, Old Bridge Township (part; also 12th), Perth Amboy, Piscataway Township, Sayreville, South Amboy, South Plainfield and Woodbridge Township
Monmouth County: (20)
- Aberdeen Township, Allenhurst, Asbury Park, Atlantic Highlands, Deal, Hazlet Township, Highlands, Interlaken, Keansburg, Keyport, Loch Arbour, Long Branch, Marlboro Township, Matawan, Middletown Township (part; also 4th), Monmouth Beach, Oceanport, Sea Bright, Union Beach and West Long Branch
Recent results in statewide elections
|2000||President||Gore 61 - 35%|
|2004||President||Kerry 57 - 43%|
|2008||President||Obama 60 - 39%|
|2012||President||Obama 61 - 37%|
|2016||President||Clinton 56 - 41%|
List of members representing the district
- "Partisan Voting Index – Districts of the 115th Congress" (PDF). The Cook Political Report. April 7, 2017. Retrieved April 7, 2017.
- Plan Components Report, New Jersey Redistricting Commission, December 23, 2011. Accessed November 6, 2016.
- Martis, Kenneth C. (1989). The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress. New York: Macmillan Publishing Company.
- Martis, Kenneth C. (1982). The Historical Atlas of United States Congressional Districts. New York: Macmillan Publishing Company.
- Congressional Biographical Directory of the United States 1774–present