|New Jersey's 4th congressional district|
District map as of 2013
New Jersey's 4th congressional district is a congressional district that stretches from the New Jersey shore to the central part of the state near the capital of Trenton. It has been represented by Republican Chris Smith since 1981. With a Cook PVI rating of R+8, it is by far the most Republican district in New Jersey, and is among the most conservative congressional districts in the Northeast.
Counties and municipalities in the district
Mercer County (2 municipalities)
Monmouth County (34)
- Allentown Borough, Avon-By-The-Sea Borough, Belmar Borough, Bradley Beach Borough, Brielle Borough, Colts Neck Township, Eatontown Borough, Englishtown Borough, Fair Haven Borough, Farmingdale Borough, Freehold Borough, Freehold Township, Holmdel Township, Howell Township, Lake Como Borough, Little Silver Borough, Manalapan Township, Manasquan Borough, Middletown Township (part; also 6th), Millstone Township, Neptune City, Neptune Township, Ocean Township, Red Bank Borough, Roosevelt Borough, Rumson Borough, Sea Girt Borough, Shrewsbury Borough, Shrewsbury Township, Spring Lake Borough, Spring Lake Heights Borough, Tinton Falls Borough, Upper Freehold Township and Wall Township
Ocean County (7)
- Bay Head Borough, Jackson Township, Lakehurst Borough, Lakewood Township, Manchester Township, Point Pleasant Beach Borough, Point Pleasant Borough (part; also 3rd) and Plumsted Township
Election results in statewide races
|2000||President||Gore 50 - 46%|
|2004||President||Bush 56 - 44%|
|2008||President||McCain 52 - 47%|
|2012||President||Romney 54 - 45%|
|2016||President||Trump 56 - 41%|
List of members representing the district
- "Partisan Voting Index – Districts of the 115th Congress" (PDF). The Cook Political Report. April 7, 2017. Retrieved April 7, 2017.
- District, Chris Smith (New Jersey politician). Accessed June 15, 2016.
- Plan Components Report, New Jersey Redistricting Commission, December 23, 2011. Accessed November 6, 2016.
- Martis, Kenneth C. (1989). The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress. New York: Macmillan Publishing Company.
- Martis, Kenneth C. (1982). The Historical Atlas of United States Congressional Districts. New York: Macmillan Publishing Company.
- Congressional Biographical Directory of the United States 1774–present