This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (March 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Serrano at the 2014 Alma Awards
|Born||1955/1956 (age 63–64)|
Serrano began his acting career in off-Broadway plays in the late 1970s. He often portrays authority figures on both sides of the law. His first film was the 1986 Tom Hanks comedy The Money Pit. Since then, he has appeared in supporting roles in films such as Lethal Weapon 2, Bad Boys, The Negotiator, Empire, ’’Secretariat’’, The Insider, Runaway Jury and The Day After Tomorrow. He also has an extensive television résumé, with appearances in shows such as Burn Notice, Homeland, Alias, Blue Bloods, Law & Order, and its spin-offs, SVU and Trial by Jury.
He is well known for playing Islamic terrorist Navi Araz in 24.
Nestor also played Victor, Adrianna Tate-Duncan's manager, on the CW show, 90210
He also made a guest-appearance on the Criminal Minds episode "Poison" as Det. Hanover, as well as his role as drug cartel leader Hector Estrada in Season 7 of the Showtime series Dexter. In addition to the role of Hector Estrada, Nestor also played Carlos Solano, leader of the Solano Cartel in the USA show Graceland.
In 2017, he played a psychiatrist, Dr. Saul, in the movie thriller, Clinical.
- 2001 After the Storm as Ortega
- 2005 Sueño as El Zorro
- 2009 Falling Awake as Lazaro
- 2010 Secretariat as Pancho Martin
- 2010 Cielito lindo as Matador
- "FILM; How the 'Homeboys' Got That Way". The New York Times. May 19, 1991. p. 2. Retrieved October 25, 2017.
- "Ugly Betty Casts Bobby's Parents". TVGuide.com.
- "Nestor Serrano & Brit Morgan Join Cast of USA's 'Graceland'". Zap2it.com. May 1, 2014. Retrieved January 10, 2017.
- "Ethnic and Disabled Actors Ask for a Chance". NYTimes.com.