The Honourable Dr.
|Member of Parliament |
for Penrith and The Border
|Assumed office |
12 December 2019
|Preceded by||Rory Stewart|
|Alma mater||University of Cambridge|
University of Edinburgh
|Occupation||Politician, veterinary surgeon|
Neil Peter Hammerton Hudson MP FRCVS is a British Conservative Party politician who was elected as Member of Parliament (MP) for Penrith and The Border in the 2019 general election. He previously unsuccessfully stood in the constituencies of Newcastle upon Tyne North and Edinburgh South in the 2005 and 2010 general election, finishing third behind the winning Labour Party and runner-up Liberal Democrats in both.
Hudson studied at the University of Cambridge, qualifying from the veterinary school in 1994. Hudson then completed an internship at the University of Sydney, gaining a diploma in 1995, and later a PhD in Equine Gastroenterology at the University of Edinburgh.
- "Members Sworn". Hansard.parliament.uk. 18 December 2019. Retrieved 28 January 2020.
- "Penrith and The Border Parliamentary constituency". BBC. Retrieved 13 December 2019.
- "Neil Hudson: Animal welfare and farming can thrive after Brexit – and under this new Government". Conservative Home. Retrieved 7 March 2020.
- "Dr Neil Hudson | The University of Edinburgh". The University of Edinburgh. Retrieved 22 December 2019.
- "Dr Neil Hudson". These Islands. Retrieved 22 December 2019.
- "Veterinary profession now fielding three candidates in the 2019 elections - Veterinary News - VetSurgeon - VetSurgeon.org". www.vetsurgeon.org. Retrieved 17 December 2019.
|Parliament of the United Kingdom|
| Member of Parliament for Penrith and The Border
|This article about a Conservative Member of the Parliament of the United Kingdom representing an English constituency is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a Member of the Parliament of the United Kingdom elected at the 2019 general election or a subsequent by-election is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|