|Studio album by|
|Released||November 21, 1995|
|Studio||Hypnotic Studios, Toronto, Canada|
|Genre||Industrial metal, groove metal|
|Producer||Daryn Barry, Alfio Annibalini & Voivod|
|Chronicles of Chaos||8/10|
|Collector's Guide to Heavy Metal||8/10|
Negatron is the eighth studio album by Canadian heavy metal band Voivod, released on November 21, 1995 through Hypnotic Records worldwide and Mausoleum Records in the US. It is the first studio album not to feature original singer Denis "Snake" Bélanger, who temporarily left the band in 1994, with bass player Eric Forrest assuming vocal duties for the recording.
The album also features JG Thirlwell as guest vocalist on the final track.
The CD release is notable for including multimedia tracks in CD-ROM format, which was a novelty at the time.
- "Insect" - 5:41
- "Project X" - 4:49
- "Nanoman" (lyrics: Langevin, Ivan Doroschuk) - 5:11
- "Reality?" - 4:21
- "Negatron" (lyrics: Langevin, Kiisti Matsuo) - 7:08
- "Planet Hell" - 4:34
- "Meteor" - 4:14
- "Cosmic Conspiracy" - 6:10
- "Bio-TV" - 4:55
- "Drift" - 5:41
- "D.N.A. (Don't No Anything)" (lyrics: JG Thirlwell) - 4:36
A limited edition of 750 copies was available with the same track listing. This limited edition came in a tin box with a Negatron sticker.
- Eric Forrest - vocals, bass guitar
- Denis D'Amour - guitars, effects
- Michel Langevin - drums, percussion, artwork
- Additional musicians
- JG Thirlwell - vocals & FX on "D.N.A. (Don't No Anything)"
- Daryn Barry, Alfio Annibalini - producers, engineers, mixing
- Bruce Longman, Michael Zarich - assistant engineers
- Rob Fischer, Joe Melo - digital editing
- Eddy Schreyer - mastering
- Prato, Greg. "Voivod - Negatron review". AllMusic. All Media Network. Retrieved 2017-07-18.
- Bromley, Adrian (8 November 1995). "Voivod - Negatron". Chronicles of Chaos. Retrieved 2017-07-19.
- Popoff, Martin (1 August 2007). The Collector's Guide to Heavy Metal: Volume 3: The Nineties. Burlington, Ontario, Canada: Collector's Guide Publishing. pp. 490–491. ISBN 978-1-894959-62-9.
- Stratmann, Holger (1995). "Review Dynamit: Voivod - Negatron". Rock Hard (in German). No. 100. Retrieved 18 July 2017.
- "Voivod - Negatron". Sputnikmusic. 17 December 2011. Retrieved 2017-07-18.