Irving with the Broncos in August 2011
|Born:||July 12, 1988|
Newark, New Jersey
|Height:||6 ft 1 in (1.85 m)|
|Weight:||253 lb (115 kg)|
|High school:||Teachey (NC) Wallace-Rose Hill|
|College:||North Carolina State|
|NFL Draft:||2011 / Round: 3 / Pick: 67|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics|
Nathaniel Irving (born July 12, 1988) is an American football inside linebacker who is currently a free agent. He played college football at North Carolina State University and was drafted by the Denver Broncos in the third round of the 2011 NFL Draft.
Irving attended Wallace-Rose Hill High School in Teachey, North Carolina, where he tallied 110 tackles, six forced fumbles, three sacks, and one interception in his senior year. Regarded as only a two-star recruit by Rivals.com, he was not listed among the top prospects of the class of 2006.
Denver Broncos (2011–2014)
Irving was placed on injured reserve in November 2014 with a knee injury that required surgery. He had 44 tackles through 8 games prior to the injury. Irving became a free agent at the end of the 2014 season.
Indianapolis Colts (2015)
On September 3, 2016, Irving was released by the Colts as part of final roster cuts.
- "Nate Irving Recruiting Profile". Rivals.com.
- "Scout.com 2010 All-America Team". Scout.com. December 1, 2010. Archived from the original on November 2, 2012.
- "Cam Newton, Nick Fairley headline SI.com's 2010 All-Americas". Sports Illustrated. December 14, 2010.
- "2011 NFL Draft Listing". Pro-Football-Reference.com. Retrieved February 26, 2019.
- "Broncos Sign Last Of Draft Picks". denver.cbslocal.com. July 29, 2011. Retrieved March 16, 2015.
- Alper, Josh (February 22, 2015). "Report: Teams interested in Nate Irving despite knee injury". profootballtalk.nbcsports.com. Retrieved March 16, 2015.
- Patra, Kevin (March 20, 2015). "Indianapolis Colts agree to terms with ILB Nate Irving". NFL.com. Retrieved March 20, 2015.
- "Colts put veteran linebacker Nate Irving on injured reserve". Retrieved December 28, 2015.
- Bowen, Kevin (September 3, 2016). "Colts Make Final Cuts, Assemble 53-Man Roster". Colts.com.