Type of site
|Launched||February 1, 2007|
Natalie (ナタリー, Natarī) is a Japanese entertainment news website, that debuted on February 1, 2007. It is operated by Natasha, Inc. The website is named after the song of the same name by Julio Iglesias. Natalie has been providing news for such leading Japanese portals and social networks as Mobage Town, GREE, Livedoor, Excite, Mixi, and Yahoo! Japan. It has also been successful on Twitter, with 1,510,000 followers as of February 2017, being the third-most-followed Japanese media company, after Mainichi Shimbun and Asahi Shimbun.
On February 1, 2007, Natasha, Inc. opened its own news website Natalie, named after the song "Nathalie" by Julio Iglesias. It was dedicated exclusively to music news and created with the idea of updating on a daily basis, something that newspapers could not do. The website also offered optional registration, that would allow commenting on news articles and creating a list of up to 30 artists to receive updates about.
Natalie grew fast, opening a manga news subsite named Comic Natalie on December 25, 2008, the comedians news subsite Owarai Natalie on August 5, 2009, cultural goods shop Natalie Store on August 1, 2012, movie news subsite Eiga Natalie on 23 March 2015, theater news subsite Stage Natalie on 2 February 2016. Also the snack news subsite Oyatsu Natalie on May 18, 2011, although the latter proved to be short-lived and closed on August 31 of the same year.
|Industry||Telecommunications, Internet, Mass media|
|Founded||December 28, 2005|
|Headquarters||1-2-4 Jingumae, Shibuya, Tokyo 150-0001, Japan|
|Takuya Ōyama, CEO|
|Owner||KDDI 90%, Takuya Oyama et. al. 10%|
Number of employees
|Parent||KDDI (since 2014)|
The founder and representative director of Natasha, Inc. is Takuya Ōyama. He is also the editor-in-chief of the music news website. As of 2008, the board director and editor-in-chief of Comic Natalie was Gen Karaki, also a bass player for such artists as Speed, Ram Rider, Haruko Momoi, and Nana Katase.
According to the news media outlet IT Media News, while the Natalie music website has much information for hardcore fans, the material is overly detailed and readers only glimpse at its content.
- "Natalie (website) site ranks". Alexa Internet. Retrieved October 22, 2020.
- "「情報が早すぎてキモイ！」 "エンタメ系"ニュースサイト「ナタリー」編集部を直撃！ « 中の人直撃インタビュー « トレンド：@niftyビジネス" (in Japanese). Nifty. 2010-12-13. Archived from the original on 2010-12-16. Retrieved 2012-05-12.
- "ナターシャ、音楽情報を軸にしたコミュニティポータル「ナタリー」開設 Venture Now（ベンチャーナウ）News" (in Japanese). Venture Now. 2007-02-01. Archived from the original on 2007-03-05. Retrieved 2012-05-12.
- "【ITベンチャー社長に聞く！】 ポップカルチャーの通信社を目指す～ナターシャ 大山卓也社長（後編） -INTERNET Watch" (in Japanese). Impress Watch. 2009-09-29. Retrieved 2012-05-15.
- "Natasha, Inc. 株式会社ナターシャ" (in Japanese). Natasha, Inc. Retrieved 2012-05-12.
- おやつナタリ���終了のお知らせ (in Japanese). Natalie. 2011-08-18. Retrieved 2012-05-12.
- "Webマガジン幻冬舎 お前の目玉は���穴か season 2 第1回 「ナタリー」編集長、大山卓也インタビュー 前編" (in Japanese). Gentosha. Retrieved 2012-05-12.
- "Webマガジン幻冬舎 お前の目玉は節穴か season 2 第17回 「コミックナタリー」編集長 唐木元インタビュー 前編 自分にとって切実なものしか取り扱わないって決めたんだよ" (in Japanese). Gentosha. Retrieved 2012-05-12.
- ファン目線すぎて「きもい」と言われた――ネット時代の音楽ニュース「ナタリー」 (in Japanese). IT Media News. 2008-07-01. Retrieved 2013-04-10.