Subzone of Jurong West Planning Area &
|• Hokkien POJ||Hûn-lâm|
"Welcome To Nanyang" arch
- The West portion of the subzone is referred to as Nanyang (part of Chua Chu Kang constituency).
- The East portion of the subzone is referred to as Gek Poh (part of Hong Kah North constituency).
Both constituencies and the HDB estates in them are managed by Chua Chu Kang Town Council.
- The South portion of the subzone is referred to as Pioneer (part of Pioneer constituency).
The estate (986A–990C) in this constituency is managed by West Coast Town Council.
Places of worship
- Jin Fu Gong Temple is at Jurong West Street 92.
- City Harvest Church is at the junction of Jurong West Street 91 and Pioneer Road North.
- Victory Family Centre is at Jurong West Street 74.
- The Jurong Police Division Headquarters is located at the junction of Avenue 5 and Jalan Bahar. It also houses the Nanyang Neighbourhood Police Centre as well.
There are 7 education institutions in this subzone. Including Nanyang Technological University. Other educational institutions include:
- Juying Primary School
- Juying Secondary School
- Xingnan Primary School
- West Grove Primary School
- Pioneer Primary School
- Westwood Primary School
The Jurong West Sports and Recreation Centre is located at the south portion of the subzone, along Street 93 and Pioneer Road North whereas there are 2 parks in this subzone; Yunnan Park at Street 93 and Jurong West Park at Street 81.
There are 2 community clubs in this subzone.
- Nanyang Community Club is at the junction of Street 91 and Pioneer Road North.
- Gek Poh Vile Community Club is at the junction of Street 75 and 74.
There are 2 commercial areas in this subzone, at Street 91 and at Gek Poh Shopping Centre (along Street 75) whereas both areas each feature a supermarket managed by Prime Group International.
There are 4 main roads in this subzone, Jalan Bahar, Jurong West Avenue 4/2, Pioneer Road North and Upper Jurong Road/Boon Lay Way. These main roads branch out to several minor roads (Streets and Avenues) in the subzone.
- Singapore Urban Redevelopment Authority's Master Plan 2008 Archived 17 July 2013 at the Wayback Machine.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Yunnan, Singapore.|
- Chua Chu Kang Town Council
- Blocks 959 - 966 Jurong West Street 92 on HDB Infoweb
- Neighbourhood Complex : Block 762 Jurong West Street 75 on HDB Infoweb
- Nanyang Constituency Website
- Gek Poh Ville Website