Traffic congestion on Intercity Road
|• Type||Urban body (Nagarukhra - I & II)|
|• MLA||Nilima Nag (Mallick)|
|• Public Work Dept.& Transportation Leader of Nadia Dist||Chanchal Debnath|
|Elevation||12 m (39 ft)|
|• Density||2,834/km2 (7,340/sq mi)|
|• Official||Bengali, English, Hindi|
|Time zone||UTC+5:30 (IST)|
|Telephone code||+91 3473|
|ISO 3166 code||IN-WB|
|Sex ratio||943 ♂/♀|
|Lok Sabha constituency||Bangaon|
|Vidhan Sabha constituency||Haringhata|
Ukrah (pronounced [ʌkrə]) or Nagarukhra (pronounced [nəgɑ:rʌkrə]) is a town  with Police Station in Kalyani subdivision of Nadia district in the Indian state of West Bengal. It is located around 50 kilometres (31 mi) from Kolkata , the capital of West Bengal.
- 1 Geography
- 2 Climate
- 3 Demographics
- 4 Administration
- 5 Groundwater contamination
- 6 Education
- 7 Transport
- 8 Bus services
- 9 References
- 10 External links
|Nagarukhra - OSMap in West Bengal|
Ukrah is located at .It has an average elevation of 12 metres (39 ft)..
The weather is quite pleasant, the summer is quite hot and winter is moderate . The level of moisture increases during summers.
|Climate data for Nagarukhra, IN|
|Average high °C (°F)||26.4
|Average low °C (°F)||13.8
|Average precipitation mm (inches)||1
|Average rainy days||4||3||4||6||12||18||23||22||18||11||3||1||125|
As of 2011[update] India census, Ukrah had a population of 13,548, comprising 6,974 males and 6,574 females. Ukrah has an average literacy rate of 83.91%, with 1,309 (9.66%) of the town's population between 0–6 years of age.
Nagarukhra Police Station is a newly established Juridical administrative Police Department in Nagarukhra. This Police Station has jurisdiction over Nagarukhra and its neighbouring areas (except Haringhata Municipal areas). The New Police Station located on the bank of Jamuna River.
The WBSEDCL (West Bengal State Electricity Distribution Company Limited) is responsible as a leading Power Utility services organization of the town. This Government based electricity company serves electric service to the entire town and households. It also serves electric connection to its neighbour localities. Nagarukhra wbsedcl CCC is the Regional control office for WBSEDCL Customer Care.
Nagarukhra 33/11 KV Substation is a power station, from where the entire town and its neighbours get electric supply.
Ukrah has three Higher Secondary Schools.
- Nagarukhra High School is the oldest Higher Secondary school of this area.
- Nagarukhra Kshetra-Mohan Girls' High School is the Girls' Higher secondary school as well.
- Dighalgram Netaji Vidyapith is also a higher secondary school at Dighalgram, Nagarukhra-II.
English medium school
Ukrah has an Elementary English Medium School, named as Michael Madhusudan English Medium Primary and Elementary School. This School is a Second State Govornment Affiliated English Medium Elementary School in Nadia District.
Kanchrapara - Nagarukhra - Bongaon Intercity Roadway  passing through Ukrah or Nagarukhra.This road is connected with National Highway 112 to the east, with National Highway 12 and Kalyani Expressway to the west directly.This road is also a shortest roadway to access the Petrapole-Bangladesh Border for Border Security Force and Indian Army. This road also connects many different villages and towns. This road is intersect with other three major roads in Nagarukhra, Ashoknagar-Kalyangarh Road intersection at near Town Kali Bari; Nimtala Road intersection at new market chowmatha crossing and Habra Road intersection at near Anandamoyee Kali Mandir Tinmatha More.
Nagarukhra has various bus route services to connect with different places.
Private bus lines
- 22. Nagarukhra - Kanchrapara via Duttapara, Fatehpur, Haringhata, Barajaguli, BCKV, Mohanpur, Kampa Army Camp, KPA Station.
- 22. Nagarukhra - Kalyani via Duttapara, Fatehpur, Haringhata, Barajaguli, BSF Camp,7 No., AIIMS-Kalyani, Anandapur.
- 19B. Gaighata - Ranaghat via Jaleswar, Hanspur, Nagarukhra, Haringhata, Birohi, Chakdaha, Simurali, Ranaghat.
- 95. Bongaon - Ashoknagar via Gopalnagar, Palla, Nahata, Chowberia, Nimtala, Kasthadanga, Nagarukhra, Jhikra, Habra.
- MN3. Nahata - Barasat via Nimtala, Kasthadanga, Nagarukhra, Jhikra, Habra, Ashoknagar-Kalyangarh, Guma, Bira, Duttapukur.
Bus transit without number
WBTC route line
- Public Bus Terminus:
Nagarukhra Public Bus Terminus (NPBT) is situated on North bank of Jamuna River(West Bengal), beside the Nagarukhra Police Station's Gate no.1. The bus depot was built up in 2016.
Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose International Airport (IATA: CCU, ICAO: VECC) is the nearest airport. It is an international airport located in Kolkata, West Bengal, India, serving the Kolkata metropolitan area. The airport is located approximately 45 kilometres (28 mi) from Nagarukhra.
- "Nagarukhra town detail". Latlong.net.
- "Ukhra Weather Forecast". Accuweather.
- "Nagarukhra weather forecast". Yr - my location.
- "Census digital library". Census-2001. Retrieved 12 April 2004.
- "C1 Population by Religious Community". West Bengal. Register General and Census Commissioner, India. Retrieved 2 May 2017.
- "Nadia District is getting 23th Police Station in Nagarukhra, West Bengal". The Tribune Journal.
- "Tender for Nagarukhra WBSEDCL Construction". tenderdetail.com.
- "Groundwater arsenic contamination in West Bengal-India (20 years study)". SOES. Retrieved 25 March 2011.
- "WBCHSE Schools in Nadia Dist".
- "Nagarukhra is going to get an Elementary English medium school soon". The Tribune Journal.
- "Kanchrapara - Nagarukhra - Bongaon Highway - OpenstreetMap". OpenstreetMap.org.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Category:Nagarukhra.|
Nagarukhra travel guide from Wikivoyage