The NWA Brass Knuckles Championship was a professional wrestling championship sanctioned by the National Wrestling Alliance, contested for in hardcore matches. As it was a professional wrestling championship, it was won not by actual competition, but by a scripted ending to a match.[a]
Various NWA territories have promoted a Brass Knuckles championship over the years:
- NWA Texas Brass Knuckle Championship – Promoted by NWA Big Time Wrestling from 1953 to 1982
- WCCW Texas Brass Knuckle Championship – Promoted by World Class Championship Wrestling from 1982 to 1985
- WCWA Brass Knuckles Championship – Promoted by World Class Wrestling Association from 1986 to 1987
- NWA Brass Knuckles Championship – promoted by NWA Southwest from 1998 to 1999
- NWA Texas Hardcore Championship – promoted by NWA Southwest from 1999 to 2001
- Hornbaker (2016) p. 550: "Professional wrestling is a sport in which match finishes are predetermined. Thus, win/loss records are not indicative of a wrestler's genuine success based on their legitimate abilities – but on now much, or how little they were pushed by promoters"
- Hornbaker 2016, p. 550.