|Location||Michigan Avenue at 11th Street|
Chicago Loop, Chicago, Illinois
|Line(s)||University Park Sub District|
|Platforms||2 island platforms|
|Connections|| CTA Buses|
|Fare zone||A (Metra) |
1 (South Shore)
|Previous names||Roosevelt Road|
Museum Campus/11th Street (formerly Roosevelt Road) is a commuter rail station in downtown Chicago that serves the Metra Electric Line north to Millennium Station and south to University Park, Blue Island and South Chicago; and the South Shore Line to Gary and South Bend, Indiana.
Roosevelt Road station was located where Roosevelt Road intersects the former Illinois Central Railroad line. The station was the former commuter platforms of Central Station, the long-distance IC passenger terminal that was previously located adjacent to this spot. The station structures appeared rickety and run-down, and have since been removed and replaced by a new station located at 11th Street.
Bus and rail connections
- 1 Bronzeville/Union Station
- 3 King Drive
- 4 Cottage Grove (Owl Service)
- 6 Jackson Park Express
- 12 Roosevelt
- 18 16th/18th
- 130 Museum Campus (Summer Service Only)
- 146 Inner Drive/Michigan Express
- Timothy Inklebarger. 'Wild West' Metra bridge to be removed. Chicago Journal, October 14, 2006.
- Media related to Museum Campus/11th Street train station at Wikimedia Commons
- Metra – Stations – Museum Campus/11th Street
- South Shore Line - Stations
|This article related to a train station in Chicago is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|