This article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Indian Railway Station|
|Location||Purabsarai, Refugee Colony, Munger, Bihar|
|Elevation||59 metres (194 ft)|
|Line(s)||Jamalpur-Khagaria and Sahibpur Kamal lines |
Munger-Ratanpur line(Jamalpur Bypass)
|Structure type||On ground but higher station with Subway|
|Division(s)||Malda railway division|
The Munger Railway Station, station code MGR, is the railway station serving the Munger-Jamalpur twin cities in the Munger district in the Indian State of Bihar.The previous railway station was closed for making Munger Ganga Bridge and a new railway station, 2.1 kilometer southeast from old one towards Purabsarai locality, on the new broad gauze line, has been constructed and opened on 11 April 2016.
Munger Railway Station is now the main rail head for Munger city after Jamalpur Junction. Munger is part of the Malda railway division of the Eastern Railway Zone of the Indian Railway. Munger is connected to metropolitan areas of India like Delhi-Kolkata, Sahibganj Loop and Barauni-Guwahati line also connected through recently opened Rail cum Road Munger Ganga Bridge. The new Munger railway station is located at It has an average elevation of 59 metres (194 ft). The station is located about 1.2 km from Munger Fort . Currently 4 pairs of DEMU trains are running and Some Special Express trains.
There are 3 tracks with 2 platforms in Munger station. The platforms are interconnected with Subway. There is space to construct 2 more platforms if needed in future.
- Jamalpur - Tilrath - Jamalpur DEMU (73451/52)
- Jamalpur - Tilrath - Jamalpur DEMU (73453/54)
- Jamalpur - Khagaria - Jamalpur DEMU (73461/62)
- Jamalpur - Khagaria - Jamalpur DEMU (73464/63)
- Jamalpur - Saharsa - Jamalpur Passenger Special (05521/22)
- Raxaul - Hyderabad - Raxual weekly Special (07006/05)
- Darbhanga - Secunderabad - Darbhanga bi-weekly (07008/07)
- Agartala - Deogarh Weekly Express (15625/26)
- Barauni - Secunderabad Weekly Express
- "MGR/Munger (2 PFs) Railway Station Map/Atlas - India Rail Info". India Rail Info. Retrieved 1 April 2016.
|This article about a railway station in the Indian state of Bihar is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|