Mummy Pond (Coordinates: ) is a pond between Suess and Lacroix Glaciers in Taylor Valley, Victoria Land. So named by T.L. Pewe, U.S. geologist who visited the area in December 1957, because of the mummified seals found around the pond.
• Gunter Faure, Teresa M. Mensing, The Transantarctic Mountains: Rocks, Ice, Meteorites and Water, P 715
• Galen Rowell, Poles Apart: Parallel Visions of the Arctic and Antarctic, P 172
• Sara Wheeler, Terra Incognita: Travels in Antarctica
• Lucy Jane Bledsoe, The Big Bang Symphony: A Novel of Antarctica, P 210
• Ana María Alonso-Zarza, Lawrence H. Tanner, editors, Paleoenvironmental Record and Applications of Calcretes and Palustrine Carbonates, P 99
|This McMurdo Dry Valleys location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|