Wilaya ya Muheza (Swahili)
Location within Tanga Region (red)
|• District Commissioner||Mathew Nasei|
|• Total||1,497.96 km2 (578.37 sq mi)|
|• Density||140/km2 (350/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+3 (EAT)|
Muheza is one of the ten districts of Tanga Region in Tanzania. It is bordered to the north by Mkinga District, to the east by Tanga and the Indian Ocean, to the south by the Pangani District and Handeni District, and to the west by the Korogwe District. The administrative capital of the district is Muheza town.
According to the 2002 Tanzania National Census, the population of the Muheza District was 279,423. According to the 2012 Tanzania National Census, the population of Muheza District had decreased to 204,461; this is less than ten years before, because Nkinga District was split off in that period.
As of 2012, Muheza District is administratively divided into 44 wards:
- Kisiwani (English Meaning: on the island)
- Majengo (English Meaning: buildings)
- Pande Darajani
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2009-04-07. Retrieved 2006-01-27.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "2012 Population and Housing Census" (PDF). Development Partners Group Tanzania. Retrieved 7 August 2019. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Tanga Region Roads Network" (PDF). Tanroads. Retrieved 8 August 2019. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)