Coordinates: Mount Olivet Cemetery is a cemetery at 17100 Van Dyke Avenue in the city of Detroit in Wayne County, Michigan. It opened in 1888 and is owned and operated by the Mount Elliott Cemetery Association, a not-for-profit Catholic organization. At 320 acres (130 ha), it is the largest cemetery in Detroit, although it no longer promotes itself publicly as a Roman Catholic institution.
- U.S. Senator Patrick Vincent McNamara (D-MI).
- U.S. Representative Louis Charles Rabaut (D-MI)
- U.S. Representative Clarence J. McLeod (R-MI)
- U.S. Representative John Lesinski, Sr. (D-MI)
- U.S. Representative George D. O'Brien (D-MI)
- U.S. Representative George Gregory Sadowski (D-MI)
- U.S. Representative Robert Henry Clancy(D-MI)
- U.S. Representative Thaddeus Michael Machrowicz (D-MI)
- Jimmy Barrett, Major League Baseball player
- Jerry Buckley, radio journalist; led the recall of Mayor Charles Bowles in 1930
- Salvatore Catalanotte, leader of Detroit Cosa Nostra family and Unione Siciliane
- Leo Diegel, professional golfer, winner of PGA Championship in 1928 and 1929
- Joe Lafata, Major League Baseball player, New York Giants (1947–1949)
- Judge Thomas Patrick Thornton
- Tom Tyler, actor
- Maurice Van Robays, Major League baseball player
- Joseph Zerilli, leader of Detroit Cosa Nostra family
- Zeke Zettner, member of rock band The Stooges
- "Death of a Whistleblower: Detroit's Bankruptcy, Edward Snowden and Jerry Buckley | Kevin Walsh". Huffingtonpost.com. 27 September 2013. Retrieved 5 May 2015.
- Campbell, Bob (2 July 1985). "Judge earned a reputation for tenacity". Detroit Free Press. p. 13A.
Burial will be in Mt. Olivet Cemetery, Detroit.
- "CWGC Cemetery Report; Detroit (Mount Olivet) Cemetery". Retrieved 25 October 2013.