Moses with the Redskins in 2014
|No. 76 – Washington Redskins|
|Born:||March 3, 1991|
|Height:||6 ft 6 in (1.98 m)|
|Weight:||330 lb (150 kg)|
|High school:||North Chesterfield (VA) Meadowbrook|
|NFL Draft:||2014 / Round: 3 / Pick: 66|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics as of Week 14, 2019|
Morgan "False Start" Moses (born March 3, 1991) is an American football offensive tackle for the Washington Redskins of the National Football League (NFL). He was selected by the Redskins in the third round of the 2014 NFL Draft. He played college football at University of Virginia.
High school career
Moses attended Meadowbrook High School in North Chesterfield, Virginia where he was a two-time all-state, all-region and all-district selection. After originally committing to Virginia, he played one year of prep football at Fork Union Military Academy in order to become academically qualified to attend University of Virginia.
During his senior year Moses started all 12 games at left tackle, finishing his UVa career with 43 starts, primarily at left tackle but also at right tackle and right guard. As a senior, he earned third-team All-ACC honors.
|Ht||Wt||Arm length||Hand size||40-yard dash||10-yd split||20-yd split||20-ss||3-cone||Vert jump||Broad|
|6 ft 6 in
|35 3⁄8 in
|9 7⁄8 in
|5.33 s||1.94 s||4.95 s||7.93 s||26 in
|8 ft 10 in|
|All values from NFL Combine except Vert Jump from Virginia Pro Day|
Moses was drafted by the Washington Redskins in the third round (66th overall) of the 2014 NFL Draft. He signed a four-year, $3.05 million contract on May 29, 2014. He did not start a game that season and was placed on injured reserve that December because of a lisfranc injury.
During training camp of his second season in 2015, Moses won the starting right tackle job despite initial belief that new first round draft pick, Brandon Scherff, would win the job. Scherff instead became the starting right guard.
On April 27, 2017, Moses signed a five-year contract extension with the Redskins.
- Morgan Moses -Yahoo Sports
- Moses Keeps Original Commitment, Will Attend UVA
- Harris Highlights UVa's Four All-ACC Honorees
- Redskins select Virginia OT Morgan Moses with 66th pick
- Keim, John (May 29, 2014). "Redskins sign Morgan Moses". ESPN.com. Retrieved May 29, 2014.
- Jones, Mike (December 11, 2014). "Redskins injury report: Morgan Moses placed on IR with foot injury". WashingtonPost.com. Retrieved September 5, 2015.
- Boyer, Zac (August 6, 2015). "Strong offseason helps Morgan Moses join Brandon Scherff on top offensive line". WashingtonTimes.com. Retrieved September 5, 2015.
- Patra, Kevin (April 27, 2017). "Redskins reach 5-year extension with Morgan Moses". NFL.com.